Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

engine number

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine number

I have a engine cut out of a 2000 Camaro SS which i have installed into a gardner douglas cobra replica, can someone tell me where on the engine is the engine number stamped, as i need this to get the car registered, i believe it should be something like 125621???? but as the engine is already installed its a bit hard to find. thanks , hope you all have a good christmas and wish you all a happy new year.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Merry
I have a engine cut out of a 2000 Camaro SS which i have installed into a gardner douglas cobra replica, can someone tell me where on the engine is the engine number stamped, as i need this to get the car registered, i believe it should be something like 125621???? but as the engine is already installed its a bit hard to find. thanks , hope you all have a good christmas and wish you all a happy new year.
Google found this for you:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/490560-post2.html

In short, engines originating in US vehicles use a "partial" VIN number to ID engine/trans, whereas other countries use a specific engine number like UK and Oz. Partial, in that it includes the last 6 digits of the VIN, preceded by some other characters per the post.

Enjoy.