Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 manifold options

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 manifold options

What options are there for LS7 heads besides the stock manifold and the FAST 102mm?

I saw the beck manifold nineball posted up (SICK, should make great power in the midrange) but I wanted to see what else is available or WHO else builds an intake that will perform well.

Looking for either custom sheetmetal intakes or single plane victor JR styles.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is this an internal Engine Thread question?

LOL
Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Cary's intake is sick. Look it up
Old 04-23-2010, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost anyone can make you a custom sheetmetal. I would stick to names you trusted though. Marcella and Beck would top my list.

As far as a single plane, GMPP makes one, but I would head straight for the one that Cary makes at Performance inductions. Do not pass go (well, you may need the $200), do not detour, just go straight there.

Provided you have the hood room and are shooting for 850 hp or less, I would stay with the single plane from Cary.

What are you putting this in and what are your goals??
Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Banned

Beck FTW....no two fabricators are alike in end result.

low profile to fit under hood

standard height

He makes them for the 105, 110, & 115mm RevX billets

:thumbs:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Almost anyone can make you a custom sheetmetal. I would stick to names you trusted though. Marcella and Beck would top my list.

As far as a single plane, GMPP makes one, but I would head straight for the one that Cary makes at Performance inductions. Do not pass go (well, you may need the $200), do not detour, just go straight there.

Provided you have the hood room and are shooting for 850 hp or less, I would stay with the single plane from Cary.

What are you putting this in and what are your goals??
Well, this is for my C6 Z06. Piecing together the project for N/A Pump Gas 660-690rwhp with a 8K RPM max range. Looking for All-Pro CNC'd heads by WCCH or maybe even AIcylinderheads All-Pro's. There is also the LXR PI stuff... looks good as well. Don't know if we want to go solid, maybe a solid/hydraulic but need to stretch the top end pass 7000rpms to peak around 7800-7900rpms. This is for my street car so the solid would have to be friendly to play with.

Unfortunately, after combing some of the PI single's, I don't think I can use any of those with the low profile Z06 hood or even a "hi-rise" hood used for the TVS blowers. I have a victor Jr. on my 410ci camaro motor and that thing should perform well... but nothing like the split intake stuff from cary.

Thanks, I know of Beck and Marcella, and of course Pi, but I wanted to know if there was another company out there that produces an intake that works that I haven't head about. The Beck's stuff is just gorgeous and well priced for what it is.

My understanding that there is talk of a few new ITB intakes in the works that should be available before the years over... anyone here any rumblings about new ITB's for rectangular port heads?

Originally Posted by JasonSS2000
Beck FTW....no two fabricators are alike in end result.

low profile to fit under hood

standard height

He makes them for the 105, 110, & 115mm RevX billets

:thumbs:
My thoughts exactly, I have dealt with a sheetmetal intake in the past and though it looked great, the performance was just not there.

Do you happen to know how tall (inches) that manifold is from valley to top for the standard? How about the low-profile?
Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kingsize
How is this an internal Engine Thread question?
It's not?
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Money no object, I would contact Katech. I don't think they actually make them, but they can hook you up with the people that make the one's for the c6r.

CF ITB. Soooo sexy and proven to work..

How many CI' you planning to run??
Old 04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Money no object, I would contact Katech. I don't think they actually make them, but they can hook you up with the people that make the one's for the c6r.

CF ITB. Soooo sexy and proven to work..

How many CI' you planning to run??
Have you heard of these:

The motor, for the time being, will remain a LS7 427ci. I wanted to just port the stock heads but I don't think I can get the necessary cfm at the lift levels I'm look at. The Aicylinder heads LS7 ported heads seem to put out some decent flow numbers and the WCCH ported ls7 heads are killer as well.

That ITB intake is about $3k. It's from a UK company called Jenvey. My only issue with a ITB is fitment in the C6 Z06 without having to cut up the cowl/windshield motors out and fitting it under the stock hood, if not a hood designed for the TVS type blowers.. no 4-5" rise cowl!

For example, using the harrop hurricane ITB on a 454ci LSX motor with a 270cam with .700lift, (wait4meperformance on streetfire) in a GTM, the motor pushed out 750rwhp N/A and idled at 600rpms. Of course I would be happy with 700rwhp at 7500-7800rpms but again, it would have to be on pump gas 93 oct.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Never heard of the Jenvey's. They look good, but the 52mm TB's concern me. I know a guy that is running a Harrop with the 55's and to say that they underperformed would be nice. He goes by Rampant on the other board I am on, he may here also.

VA speed recently did 2 seperate build with Harrop's. Shawn could tell what you needed to know for sure.

I can see where hood fitment would be a problem NOT including air boxs. That could very well be your sticking point with the ITB setup, not sure though,

Good subject, I am really enjoying it.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Right, I know that the harrop uses the 55mm blades. Also, a few other threads where it didn't perform as well as some expected them to perform, especially when adding the airboxes and the amount of spaced needed to make them work.

However, I DO know of a build (C5) where the guy runs a solid roller, harrop intake on good fuel that is over 750rwhp with a 388ci.

The stock hood in the Z06 is really close. One thing for sure is that I don't have half the motor under the cowl like in my camaro but still, clearance is an issue. A few companies have produces ZR1-like hoods with no windows which increase clearance, as well as another hood(s) designed for the TVS blower. I would like to know how tall is the harrop as well as the Jenvey ITB intake. Trying to figure that out right now.

Yeah, this type of stuff is fun to learn but sometimes threads like these just end up with no response and nothing learned.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
DBN
TECH Enthusiast

I know that there are some good sheet metal and ITB options for the LS7 cylinder head, but don't count out the GM LS7 intake too soon. Mine was ported by Formato along with a stock 85mm MAF and Mamo ported 90mm TB, I ran 9.5s at 145 in my hydraulic cam N/A 427 through an 4L60 trans. The ported GM LS7 intake can't much of a restriction. BTW, power peak is over 7k.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DBN
I know that there are some good sheet metal and ITB options for the LS7 cylinder head, but don't count out the GM LS7 intake too soon. Mine was ported by Formato along with a stock 85mm MAF and Mamo ported 90mm TB, I ran 9.5s at 145 in my hydraulic cam N/A 427 through an 4L60 trans. The ported GM LS7 intake can't much of a restriction. BTW, power peak is over 7k.
How much passed 7k rpms? What heads are you running? Flow data? What are the cam specs? Generic if you don't want to reveal it all.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
DBN
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obZidian
How much passed 7k rpms? What heads are you running? Flow data? What are the cam specs? Generic if you don't want to reveal it all.
I don't know how much past 7k rpms as I only pulled it to 7 but it did not nose over when I stopped. Heads are large bore ETP LS7. Flow data is on ET's website. Camshaft is a custom grind that I don't want to reveal. Are you in the process of building an engine or do you already have one built? Pm me if you want to talk. Danny.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Excellent. I'm currently doing the homework for the stock LS7 in the vette. I'll hit you up when I get a chance, on the iPhone right now!

I want to get it all thought out, get all the parts and do it right the first time.

A.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Right, I know that the harrop uses the 55mm blades. Also, a few other threads where it didn't perform as well as some expected them to perform, especially when adding the airboxes and the amount of spaced needed to make them work.

However, I DO know of a build (C5) where the guy runs a solid roller, harrop intake on good fuel that is over 750rwhp with a 388ci.

The stock hood in the Z06 is really close. One thing for sure is that I don't have half the motor under the cowl like in my camaro but still, clearance is an issue. A few companies have produces ZR1-like hoods with no windows which increase clearance, as well as another hood(s) designed for the TVS blower. I would like to know how tall is the harrop as well as the Jenvey ITB intake. Trying to figure that out right now.

Yeah, this type of stuff is fun to learn but sometimes threads like these just end up with no response and nothing learned.
You're talking about Robz's car and it made 600rwhp on a mustang dyno which in no way shape or form is over 750rwhp on a dynojet. Unless you have a link or a dyno you can post for that car making that number.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JStrib
You're talking about Robz's car and it made 600rwhp on a mustang dyno which in no way shape or form is over 750rwhp on a dynojet. Unless you have a link or a dyno you can post for that car making that number.
Yes, I am talking about his car:

"My car is a 388ci motor in a c5Z.
Makes around ~700rwhp/560rwtq "

My mistake, I added about 50rwhp to it but that still doesn't take away how impressive that lil 388ci is. The car idles at 550-600rpms with that intake and that cam. Nice!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Yes, I am talking about his car:

"My car is a 388ci motor in a c5Z.
Makes around ~700rwhp/560rwtq "

My mistake, I added about 50rwhp to it but that still doesn't take away how impressive that lil 388ci is. The car idles at 550-600rpms with that intake and that cam. Nice!
Hahahahaha............ya, adding 50 horse is no big deal!??
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Hahahahaha............ya, adding 50 horse is no big deal!??
Really?

Quick Reply: LS7 manifold options