Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

`05 LS2 head & cam swap...EBCM brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default `05 LS2 head & cam swap...EBCM brake issues

Just recently had my heads cnc ported with larger valves installed by TEA, installed a new cam, CAI & had Carolina Auto Masters flash my ECM. Already had headers and a catback system on the car.

During this project, I had to remove the EBCM to remove the power steering pump and alternator. So during this month & half project brake fuild drain for my lines from the master cylinder. I didn't plug the brake lines (I did put a baggy on them to keep them clean) going into the EBCM.

I get the engine put back together, have a friend help my bleed the system w/ a pressure bleeder, RR, LF, LR & RF. Start the car up and my front brakes are sticking not allowing the front wheels to move. I releave the pressure from the calipers and think everything is okay. Drive up the street to get gas and the front brakes are sticking again. Borrow a wrench from the service station guy to releave the pressure from the calipers again so I can get back to the house.

Also during this time, the reset/service Active Handling System light comes on. I read in the manual again and see that's there is special tool needed & procedure to bleed the brakes if the EBCM has been off the car. So my question is, is there a way to bleed the brake system myself once the EBCM has been off or does the dealership have to preform this procedure?

Is the reset Active Handling System light coming on because the ECM has been re-flashed or because the EBCM was removed?

My car has been in the garage for going on two months now and I just want to drive the thing since dropping all of this cash into it. It has been a fun project for sure, but this has me scratching my head on this brake issue.

Thanks for any help/recommendations.