Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Virginia speed impossible to get a quote

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia speed impossible to get a quote

I am starting this thread because I dont know how else to get a quote from them. I have called them for over a month. Finally the last person i talked to said to e-mail the engine builder that it would be faster. I did that a week ago still no response.
I dont need any of you telling me their busy. I know their busy, so am I but I make time for my customer. Im not here to bash VA speed. I just want to know if anyone has a good way to get a hold of some one there to give me an engine quote. I would not of spent this much time trying to get a hold of them if I didnt think they were the right people for the job.

Help please
Old 06-24-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

every time i call george answers the phone.....shawn is specing out my motor.........im very happy with v.a. speed
Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would say they have been above average in my dealings with them. I have spoken with Ed, Shannon and emailed/pm with Shawn...They seem like a pretty class outfit compared with some.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

I have heard nothing but good things. I would imagine guys building 3000hp FI engine could easily build a pump gas FI 1000hp engine. I have talked to a few of them. I have e-mailed shawn my. My fear is that they see the thread and say screw that guy and give me a high quote. I have called them 5 times. They did call me a few days after my first call in to them but i missed it. I havent been able to speak to anyone about details since. Thanks for the imput guys.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Teching In

I had the same problem kind of. I called them for a quote on a custom build and the guy seemed irritated that I even called, and told me I should just pick stuff out on the web site and order it there. When I explained that I needed to talk to a builder to have them put something together for me I was told one of them would call me back. Waited a week and nothing. Called back and was told the builder has my number and I should expect a call soon. It's been about a month or so now and still haven't heard anything. I had more luck with Erik at HK Enterprises, he is building my engine now. Maybe give another company a call? I dunno.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

This is the busiest time of the year for Shawn. Have patients and keep calling; you'll get him.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talk to these guys weekly. Shawn is putting in ridiculous hours trying to keep people happy. I just called Ed and left him a message on his cell phone.

Hang in there. They are the right guys!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please PM me your name and phone number.Unfortunatly we have more business than we can handle and it is very hard to keep up sometimes.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nodrok
My fear is that they see the thread and say screw that guy and give me a high quote.
Don't sweat it, that won't happen.

Email your info to me as well. edcmat-l1@msn.com
Old 06-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nodrok
I am starting this thread because I dont know how else to get a quote from them. I have called them for over a month. Finally the last person i talked to said to e-mail the engine builder that it would be faster. I did that a week ago still no response.
I dont need any of you telling me their busy. I know their busy, so am I but I make time for my customer. Im not here to bash VA speed. I just want to know if anyone has a good way to get a hold of some one there to give me an engine quote. I would not of spent this much time trying to get a hold of them if I didnt think they were the right people for the job.

Help please
VA Speed is pretty badass.....but get quotes from at least 3-4 builders for what you want. You will be amazingly surprised at the differences in quotes. I did that last year for a 408ci, 94mm turbo set-up with BS3, whatever basic fabbing, turbo kit, install and tune..... I called 4 sponsors on here...........

Quotes for the identical project were from $28,000 to $110,000. Yup, one of them had the nuts to quote $110,000.

So always get more than one quote.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for all input guys. I know shawn is busy. FYI the 4th time I called I also talked to a guy (not shawn) who seamed irritated that I called even after 3 weeks of waiting for a call be he told me to wait and I would get a call back. Very annoying. However im gonna hang in there cause all there customers have nothing but good things to say. Looking forward to hearing from shawn.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like both Shawn and Ed said above. PM Shawn or ED and they will get ahold of you and take care of you.

I was there yesterday and they LOTS of work going on. Shawn is working 13+ hrs a day and coming in on his own time on the weekends. They will get to you as soon as they can.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:51 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It tells you something about the quality of work when in trying financial times like this that a performance shop is incredibly busy. Somethings are worth the wait. I am simply getting a set of PI heads and a custom cam from them and I've had to be patient with getting questions answered. But in the end, my patience will pay off I'm sure.

I'd rather wait a few weeks or even a month for my heads and cam but know that it'll be done right. I'm a stickler to quality control, and from what I've read, and heard, I won't be dissapointed.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick with it. They will take good care of you . I had called them and they were very helpfull . I then ended up going another direction ( because of funds at he time ). At this point Ill let ya know it was my mistake .... Dont make the same one.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Launching!

From what I've read they are probably one of the best shops in the country. This is also the busiest time of year for everyone, so maybe thats as good as you're going to get for customer service?
Something to consider though, if they don't have time for you when you're trying to give them money, how much time do you think they'll have when you have a problem?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427

Quotes for the identical project were from $28,000 to $110,000. Yup, one of them had the nuts to quote $110,000.

So always get more than one quote.

better get a brand new ZR1 at this point...
Old 06-28-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks to ED for contacting me today.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shawn emailed my quote back in a couple days.....
Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Call and talk to Shannon or Ed, they will be able to get the basic information and get a quote back to ya. Shawn will definitely be involved in the process but its tough for Shawn to talk to 50 customers per day when only 1 or 2 actually are ready to buy. Once you decide to pull the trigger Shawn is your guy.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll throw out an opinion. Now,this is not pointed towards anyone,just opinion.

It's tough working at a shop this time of the year.It is a very busy time of the year. There are days I won't even go near the phone to answer it because 90% of the calls are people asking questions and atleast 80% of them are BS calls. My phone rang 24 different times today.If I answered nobodys car would of got done.That means I would make $0 for the day and a few ticked off customers.
It's tough.

Another very common practise is people calling and trying to deal with every price you give them. That ticks off the people you call and more than likely they will never answer a call from that phone # again.

I'm sure Shawn will sort this out with ya.

Quick Reply: Virginia speed impossible to get a quote