Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

need pistons

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need pistons

I have an lq9 stock other then cam rockers katech rod bolts and arp head bolts. I want to run a 300 wet shot of nitrous i want to know what are the best pistons i can get 900$
Old 07-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody
Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not many good heavy NOS pistons made for stock parts or rods really. Wiseco has some very heavy duty stuff with almost .300 down rings but it uses a normal 6.125 rod and .927 pin.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiseco is coming out with some Pro-Tru LS pistons, 1.300 CH .944" pin in various bore sizes
IIRC, they're to use HF rings too.

They were to be available around now, maybe Mr. Nutter can post?

From what i'm gathering from OP, you want to spray 300hp on stock rods?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those I think will be 4032 though which isn't the best for big NOS.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default new Pro Tru part number for LS

Fellas, I don't want to turn this into an advertisement, but we have a new LS piston in our Pro Tru line up that will be popular and I want to hit on the differences. There are a bunch of guys with 400 horse motors (and some spray on top of that) running factory rods. We looked at how we could lower production cost and pass on the savings to guys with that budget. A lot of features don't cost us extra to produce, so we left those in.

The Pro Tru pt124 series piston is the result and they are on the shelf. They are available in all the common ls1,ls2, iron bock, and ls3 bore sizes. They have the factory pin diameter and will drop in at .004 positive deck. We gave them a small .090 tall 4cc dome to bump compression into the mid 11:1 range and fit all L92/LS3 and cathedral port chambers. Wiseco multifit pockets accomodate cathedral or L92/LS3 valve locations and don't cost us more. We do our forgings in house so 2618 doesn't cost us much more to utilize here. We compensate for Non-offset pins by using skirt profiles that minimize cold piston rock. Ring lands are very beefy with a .280 top and .175 2nd. Ring technology is a huge price difference, so we went withs our 1/16 ductile, 1/16, 3mm HF ring packs rather than our new GFX Nitride Steel/Napiers. Darn good rings...not state of the art, but hassle free-good sealing rings.

There were a couple areas that we needed to maintain despite higher production costs; internal skirt milling operations keep them light to take stress off the o.e. rods and skirt coatings are included.

All in all, it knocks about $125 off the price of Wisecos. Coupled with the cost of rods, that's going to save some people $600 on their next engine build.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good info, Brian! Thanks for sharing. We've been getting some calls about them lately!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by briannutter
Fellas, I don't want to turn this into an advertisement, but we have a new LS piston in our Pro Tru line up that will be popular and I want to hit on the differences. There are a bunch of guys with 400 horse motors (and some spray on top of that) running factory rods. We looked at how we could lower production cost and pass on the savings to guys with that budget. A lot of features don't cost us extra to produce, so we left those in.

The Pro Tru pt124 series piston is the result and they are on the shelf. They are available in all the common ls1,ls2, iron bock, and ls3 bore sizes. They have the factory pin diameter and will drop in at .004 positive deck. We gave them a small .090 tall 4cc dome to bump compression into the mid 11:1 range and fit all L92/LS3 and cathedral port chambers. Wiseco multifit pockets accomodate cathedral or L92/LS3 valve locations and don't cost us more. We do our forgings in house so 2618 doesn't cost us much more to utilize here. We compensate for Non-offset pins by using skirt profiles that minimize cold piston rock. Ring lands are very beefy with a .280 top and .175 2nd. Ring technology is a huge price difference, so we went withs our 1/16 ductile, 1/16, 3mm HF ring packs rather than our new GFX Nitride Steel/Napiers. Darn good rings...not state of the art, but hassle free-good sealing rings.

There were a couple areas that we needed to maintain despite higher production costs; internal skirt milling operations keep them light to take stress off the o.e. rods and skirt coatings are included.

All in all, it knocks about $125 off the price of Wisecos. Coupled with the cost of rods, that's going to save some people $600 on their next engine build.
Just what I was looking for my LY6.

What would the comp ratio be with the 70cc chamber?

Could'nt find the info on the website.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by LongIsland63SS409; 07-11-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: need pistons