Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help. TSP 408 new but 2 years old

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help. TSP 408 new but 2 years old

Hi. I came across a good deal about a tsp408 shortblock. The guy is asking 4k for this but its ben in a garage for 2 years. It was never fired up so its still brand new. Is it too much or a good deal ? Here the spec;

new 6.0l whit 4inch bore
diamond piston -3 cc
eagle h beam connecting rod whit arp 2000 bolt
durabond camshaft bearings
bluprint and balance

I dont have spec for the ring. The block was assemble for nitros.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=46&catid=28

There's the page with the options and all so you can see how it's be priced new today. What crankshaft is in it? Sure it's not a -2cc Diamond pistons? How much are you getting it for? Have you inspected it to make sure it is still rust free? Those iron blocks can rust if the film of oil they are covered with for shipping is rubbed off and then the block is exposed to alot of moisture and such!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

just get a new one....from TSP if the guy is asking 4k????
Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah we have 408's starting around $3600 depending on how they are optioned. It just depends what all you are getting with the short-block.

Jon
Old 07-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=46&catid=28

There's the page with the options and all so you can see how it's be priced new today. What crankshaft is in it? Sure it's not a -2cc Diamond pistons? How much are you getting it for? Have you inspected it to make sure it is still rust free? Those iron blocks can rust if the film of oil they are covered with for shipping is rubbed off and then the block is exposed to alot of moisture and such!

Moisture is my main concern. I live in Canada so if the block was not in a safe garage, rust will be there. The guy said its -3cc so that why i'm asking if somthing wrong on this. Still waiting for the crankshaft. Thanks for your time Matt, that was an answer I was looking for.

The problem for the 3600$ deal, well I think you have the answer, i'm from Canada so shipping and duty fee will apply and trust me, its a big chunk $$$$
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, the duties/taxes can eat up a good deal quickly going over the border! If you get a chance to see the bottom of the piston, the part number should be engraved on the bottom of the skirts and that will tell us which piston it is for sure!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: Need help. TSP 408 new but 2 years old