Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

427+ LSX Guys Come In Here Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 427+ LSX Guys Come In Here Please!!!

Alright everytime i post up threads on here to assist me on making the right decisions to build that best of the best they always get overlooked i understand secrets keep you ahead of the game, but i want answers an these are some things i had some questions on for those of you who have done these builds an or are going through this long process an i know speed costs how fast do you want to go. I am currently running a LME 408 that made 527/475 with a stock L76 manifold, 92mm TSP TB, TSP Ls3 heads, 1-7/8's LT's, TSP TD's, Stg 3 T-56, Moser 12-Bolt, BMR Read Suspension. I wanted to go with a turbo set-up with this 408 that i currently have, but it will require changing out the pistons so i can net the proper compression of course you guys already this. I figured instead of taking my pockets an draining them on a turbo set-up why not build a stronger LSX 427 or bigger cube motor to have a better N/A Number an then when i want to boost it i won't have to run that much boost because because it will already make a good peak HP & TQ number. I keep hearing **** things about 408's not wanting to make power after 6500 RPM an falling off not wanting to pull further than that although i do believe people aren't running the proper cam an inakte to make this statement untrue. I believe my camshaft right now with a Vic Jr. Single Plane & 4150 TB is going to pick up like crazy because of where my camshaft lives at, but revving that high being daily driven even if i'm only zinging it that high 8 to 10 runs 3 days a week isn't gonna be good on any motor. So it's either zinging a smaller cube to the moon or building a bigger cube to rev less RPM than my current set-up to make the same number i'm looking to make on the motor. So what cubic inch is the best way to go 427, 440,443, 454??? If i am going with a 427 or bigger Cube set-up are my Ls3 heads going to be able to get the job done or do i need to run a different 6 bolt head with it? When i talked to brian at LME he said that i would need a kit for the different reluctor wheel an some other things like the wiring harness an some other thing in this package they sell to make it all adapt it. I have all the supporting modifications to build another long block exhaust, fuel system, Ls3 heads if they'll work. What else do i need to make this build complete and proper?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of turbocharger or system do you plan to use?

You're best to go with 427, or 434, i'd use a -23cc dish piston, Wiseco has a nice piston, 1.140" CH, use a 6.100" rod.

Run the heads at 64cc, .040" gasket you should be at 10:1 compression. When you go Forced Induction swap out heads for 70cc, put it down to 9.7:1
Old 07-29-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah i was gonna either build another long block 427 stroker or build a turbo kit for my 408, but i figured i would try an see what it's gonna take to get the stroker built first because i could go faster on a bigger cube with spray into the low 9's easier than a maxed out turbo kit which would cost 5 to 10,000 dollars more than what i'm looking to do...
Old 07-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
Yeah i was gonna either build another long block 427 stroker or build a turbo kit for my 408, but i figured i would try an see what it's gonna take to get the stroker built first because i could go faster on a bigger cube with spray into the low 9's easier than a maxed out turbo kit which would cost 5 to 10,000 dollars more than what i'm looking to do...
I am not following your logic on the $$$$. How much do you think you are going to spend on a new stroker motor? I would guess you could spend significantly less on a FI kit for your current set-up, and be way further ahead hp wise than you will on a new stroker motor.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah it does sound alot better to me, but i want to run a serious turbo if i build a kit with 88mm or 91mm. So i'm stuck between building a bigger short block to see a more powerful set-up down the road, but i guess it seems like a waste if i was gonna give up on my set-up now if it's built for heavy boost or nitrous. The rotating assembly was build for it with an iron block so why not i guess??? I've been looking for turbo kits an haven't found anything yet worthy enough of looking further into than a glance. I've been looking into a turbotechnologyinc kit for my car.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned

how much are you willing to spend thats what it comes down too

Quick Reply: 427+ LSX Guys Come In Here Please!!!