Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

CNC Flow #'s for the LSX-LS7 head?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default CNC Flow #'s for the LSX-LS7 head?

Hey guys,
I've searched, and not really been able to find hardly any info let alone WCCH, PRC, AI numbers on a CNC job on the GMPP LSX-LS7 heads. It's my understanding that there is more metal in these to get close to the 400cfm range? I have picked up a LSX block I will be using for a NA 427 build...with a possible 125 spray on it. Mainly NA. Just looking for some input on my next purchase for my build. Other considerations are MastMotorsports 6bolt heads.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 11-28-2010, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C40
Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can use our posted Stage 2 LS7 flow figures to estimate performance for GM LSX/LS7 heads. Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.

Richard
Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
You can use our posted Stage 2 LS7 flow figures to estimate performance for GM LSX/LS7 heads. Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.

Richard
395.4 @ .650

I have a question. Does it come with a free WCCH Bib??? Cause Im drooling and not just my normal amount either...
Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're finishing testing on the PRC LS7 aftermarket casting cylinder heads. Pricing will be right in line with what others sell ported stock castings & they'll feature 400cfm ports & 6 bolt configuration!

Typically the as cast GM LS7 6 bolt head moves high 330s maybe 340 if memory serves me correctly.

Here's a pic of the PRC LS7 casting on a LS3 bore moving 390cfm!

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

We typically post them on our site, but only to mitigate the time spent answering emails about flow #'s.

They are neither comparable from one company to the next, nor are they an accurate indicator of performance potential. You might as well just flip a coin if you are inclined to choose a head based on claimed flow #'s.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Advanced Induction
You might as well just flip a coin if you are inclined to choose a head based on claimed flow #'s.
Thanks for the reply? I think?

The reason why I asked is because I thought these LSX GMPP heads were going to be an answer all with claims, then you haven't seen much of the sort. I simply was trying to gather information on a head that doesn't seem to have much since its availiability was all.....Geesh sorry to step on toes...

Richard thanks for the information. I will definately look into your product!!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Thanks for the reply? I think?

The reason why I asked is because I thought these LSX GMPP heads were going to be an answer all with claims, then you haven't seen much of the sort. I simply was trying to gather information on a head that doesn't seem to have much since its availiability was all.....Geesh sorry to step on toes...
Step on toes? Nah.

As this is text, I understand it can be ambiguous, but I had hoped the emoticons conveyed amusement, not annoyance. I really only posted because you mentioned LS7's & Ai. Noticing that you posted nothing about actual performance/goals/etc., there wasn't really a basis for one to make an educated recommendation. There is an ideal setup for any given application, but there is no one head ideal for all applications. You have to specify either goals w/ a specific platform vehicle so we can determine the output/powerband required for you, or request power in a particular RPM range etc. if you are looking for specific recommendations. Rather than perpetuate fruitless comparisons, I thought a note on the reality of head marketing might save you $ and heartache. In any event, I certainly don't feel it is an affront to us that you ask, or choose to consider/disregard the point I made. These are toys if you aren't making $ with them, it is your $, and you need to buy what makes you happy. No worries, good luck with your project!

-Phil
Old 12-29-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
We're finishing testing on the PRC LS7 aftermarket casting cylinder heads. Pricing will be right in line with what others sell ported stock castings & they'll feature 400cfm ports & 6 bolt configuration!
Any more info on this?

Quick Reply: CNC Flow #'s for the LSX-LS7 head?