Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

501 HP / 460 TQ......."Cam Only" LS3 (PIC's and VIDEO)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
Damn right it is! Imo fast 102 is a piece of **** but i try to get every little bit i can...........You can definately waste some money on an ls3 without getting too much of a gain...Cam is the way to make power...Everything else gain is minimal(decent gains with a really good set of heads)
Your last 10HP in a max'ed out setup is always going to cost A LOT more than your first 10 HP gain when modding. I would never recommend a Fast intake / Billet TB setup for someone on a "budget build" looking for the best bang for the buck power mod. In fact, if you still making payments on your car, I'd also recommend saving your money until it's at least out of warranty too.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magred2001vette
Your last 10HP in a max'ed out setup is always going to cost A LOT more than your first 10 HP gain when modding. I would never recommend a Fast intake / Billet TB setup for someone on a "budget build" looking for the best bang for the buck power mod. In fact, if you still making payments on your car, I'd also recommend saving your money until it's at least out of warranty too.
Absolutely. But at least the fast looks good, so in the end i have to have it I started a thread a while back on it..But i really would like to switch my lgm superpros (1 3/4 ) to some 1 7/8 american racings and add a nick williams to my current setup and see what kind of gains i would get if any....But damn that would be pretty costly for an experiment..I have the fast but stock throttle body..I think im just going to build a stroker and put a different cam in it..But no matter what im sorry i disagree with you about the warranty thing...Its gotta go when it leaves the lot
Old 01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Louis at GSS
Thats a lot of HP for such a little cam. Id be curious how much the TB/intake was worth.
I've been meaning to come up there to Dallas and check your new shop out and talk to you about getting some additional stuff done. I've been hearing some impressive things about GSS on the streets....I'll hit you up, you may get some time to do that "testing" to see what it's worth!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Good numbers OP!

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
Damn right it is! Imo fast 102 is a piece of **** but i try to get every little bit i can...........You can definately waste some money on an ls3 without getting too much of a gain...Cam is the way to make power...Everything else gain is minimal(decent gains with a really good set of heads)
Piece of ****? LSXR gained 20-40whp throughout the power band on my car for $650, talk about bang for the buck!

Plus it looks good like mentioned! Sounds good too actually.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:14 PM
LS6
TECH Regular

impressive

Quick Reply: 501 HP / 460 TQ......."Cam Only" LS3 (PIC's and VIDEO)