Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Just rebuilt my engine & it is smoking and found oil in the sparkplugs pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I fiinally went to the track to break in the engine and sure enough the smoke is pretty much gone the engine is running great and it ran a couple of 6.30's and 6.40's at the 1/8 on the 100 shot and two passes 6.8's on motor. here is a video

http://youtu.be/6o81cqEJgcA
Old 08-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

i had the same thing happen to mine i did a compression test and it checked out good but it smoked like hell oil on my plugs like urs so i took the head off and had it checked it wasnt the head so today i took the piston and rod out the cylinder that was giving me the oiling problem and i had a broke ring. as a matter of fact it was the same cylinder that u having ur problems on i hope urs is fixed tho!!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ez money
i had the same thing happen to mine i did a compression test and it checked out good but it smoked like hell oil on my plugs like urs so i took the head off and had it checked it wasnt the head so today i took the piston and rod out the cylinder that was giving me the oiling problem and i had a broke ring. as a matter of fact it was the same cylinder that u having ur problems on i hope urs is fixed tho!!
After the runs the plugs were nothing like the ones on the pic its running a little rich but nothing crazy amount of oil and is hardly smoking now just when i start it.

Quick Reply: Just rebuilt my engine & it is smoking and found oil in the sparkplugs pics inside