Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011 | 12:28 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Default Texas Speed "Tsunami" Camshaft?

Will it fit in a stock LQ4 engine?
Old 08-15-2011 | 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It will physically clear, however with the low compression on the LQ4 in most instanced I would recommend a smaller camshaft!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-18-2011 | 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Two words "Pat G"

/thread
Old 08-18-2011 | 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

^^So you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread?

OP: Let us know if you have any other questions, we'll be glad to help

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
The following users liked this post:
Blac94z28 (01-18-2020)
Old 08-18-2011 | 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

First off thats fine go ahead an Pat G it up and when you have questions about his numberless camshaft for $600.00 then he will tell you that your done pumping him for free infromation because thats what he gets payed to do and if you want to know anything else you can pay like the rest of the people... I know this because he told me so and i have the message saved with a picture of the message. I'm sorry, but if i'm spending extra money for a custom part for my build such as a camshaft i want to know everything about it good, bad, how, or why it's going to fully benefit my intentions for the car I'm by no means at all bashing any work that pat has done for anybody on here or over the years because i've seen cams here in st. louis when they came out of the box, after install, and on the dyno. He is certainly a master of his craft an i highly credit his knowledge and abililty 100%, but his knowledge has nothing to do with his customer service or my personal experience with asking simple questions on a very important component that will turn a average H/C/I car into a unbelievable freak. I felt offended and disrespected for simple information for no reason. Thats my two cents on that.

I've never had a part, shipping or customer service issue ever with anything from matt and the boys at texas speed! I will stand behind and back these guys 100% any day of the week. In january my M6 camaro layed down 546/517 at 6,800RPM to the tire on a STOCK UNPORTED L76 Manifold, TSP 92mm PTM TB, LQ9-408, TSP-LS3 Milled 68cc with valve upgrade, Tsp Custom Grind, T-56, 12-bolt.

IMO Either way you go is fine really it's all just personal preference, but i've always wondered about that camshaft myself that hefty lift gave me goosebumps and the giggles... Lol If it's anything like the Ms4 then it should lay down for sure. If your unsure about anything aside from the feedback on the forum just give them guys a call they would be more than happen to give you the run down and assure you of what your buying instead of pressuring you into a gray area that'll make your car run it's *** off or just another dogged out H/C/I car that runs ok making 450RWHP... John Janns said it best even though this or that is what the formula calls for on paper doesn't always mean it's gonna work on the street. So thats why i've always stuck with texas speed is because they aren't scared to get crazy with numbers and think outside the box!
Old 08-20-2011 | 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
It will physically clear, however with the low compression on the LQ4 in most instanced I would recommend a smaller camshaft!
Sorry to hijack but...So if I put my Stage 2.5 LS6 62cc heads on a 6L block with my Tsunami, would it be okay?
Old 08-20-2011 | 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
First off thats fine go ahead an Pat G it up and when you have questions about his numberless camshaft for $600.00 then he will tell you that your done pumping him for free infromation because thats what he gets payed to do and if you want to know anything else you can pay like the rest of the people... I know this because he told me so and i have the message saved with a picture of the message. I'm sorry, but if i'm spending extra money for a custom part for my build such as a camshaft i want to know everything about it good, bad, how, or why it's going to fully benefit my intentions for the car I'm by no means at all bashing any work that pat has done for anybody on here or over the years because i've seen cams here in st. louis when they came out of the box, after install, and on the dyno. He is certainly a master of his craft an i highly credit his knowledge and abililty 100%, but his knowledge has nothing to do with his customer service or my personal experience with asking simple questions on a very important component that will turn a average H/C/I car into a unbelievable freak. I felt offended and disrespected for simple information for no reason. Thats my two cents on that.

I've never had a part, shipping or customer service issue ever with anything from matt and the boys at texas speed! I will stand behind and back these guys 100% any day of the week. In january my M6 camaro layed down 546/517 at 6,800RPM to the tire on a STOCK UNPORTED L76 Manifold, TSP 92mm PTM TB, LQ9-408, TSP-LS3 Milled 68cc with valve upgrade, Tsp Custom Grind, T-56, 12-bolt.

IMO Either way you go is fine really it's all just personal preference, but i've always wondered about that camshaft myself that hefty lift gave me goosebumps and the giggles... Lol If it's anything like the Ms4 then it should lay down for sure. If your unsure about anything aside from the feedback on the forum just give them guys a call they would be more than happen to give you the run down and assure you of what your buying instead of pressuring you into a gray area that'll make your car run it's *** off or just another dogged out H/C/I car that runs ok making 450RWHP... John Janns said it best even though this or that is what the formula calls for on paper doesn't always mean it's gonna work on the street. So thats why i've always stuck with texas speed is because they aren't scared to get crazy with numbers and think outside the box!
You could also go with Tony Mamo he will steer you in the right direction!!!
Old 08-20-2011 | 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmracing
Will it fit in a stock LQ4 engine?
Seriously? Does anyone research anymore?

So you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread?

Dude....everyone needs a "custom"226/234 EPS cam!
Old 08-22-2011 | 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by StormesRacing001
Sorry to hijack but...So if I put my Stage 2.5 LS6 62cc heads on a 6L block with my Tsunami, would it be okay?
They would have had to have been setup to clear the Tsunami to keep enough valve-drop to run the Tsunami....same goes for the MS3.

Old 08-28-2011 | 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by t5munoz
You could also go with Tony Mamo he will steer you in the right direction!!!
Totally agree with you man +1
Old 08-28-2011 | 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Pretty sure I would stick with proven cams like Texas Speed sells, they sell because they WORK, you could waste your money on a "custom cam" but chances are it wont do bit of difference over a similar "off the shelf" cam.
Old 08-29-2011 | 11:20 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

This is gonna be in a 93 mustang coupe. Stock LQ4 with a cam and a Nos plate and carb
Old 08-29-2011 | 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cape T/A
, you could waste your money on a "custom cam" but chances are it wont do bit of difference over a similar "off the shelf" cam.
Old 08-31-2011 | 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cape T/A
Pretty sure I would stick with proven cams like Texas Speed sells, they sell because they WORK, you could waste your money on a "custom cam" but chances are it wont do bit of difference over a similar "off the shelf" cam.
Yes sir frank your living proof!!! Hahahaha I hope we get to hangout on the streets of st louis before this years over with!!! Lol
Old 08-31-2011 | 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

I'm leaning towards the single plane efi when the automatic goes in this winter, but i haven't decided yet with the intake selection for the L92/LS3 heads being so limited...
Old 08-31-2011 | 04:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSWNDR

My short experience was similar when I asked Pat G to "custom spec" me a cam. I paypaled him $25 and he gets back to me with pretty much saying I don't have enough PVT for any cam he would reccomend.....

Uhhh... okay I asked what about if I did have PVT? Did I really pay $25 for him to email me I don't have enough PVT and thats it? LOL!! Then he just reccomended a cam with just 1 lobe size bigger than mine on a 112 instead of a 113.... Nothing fancy and I've had another person tell me that cam size for free ironically. And after I shot back 3 or so emails with questions about adding performance to my car.... he stopped responding I was just seeing what the "Pat G" thing was about. Nothing big IMO when there are so many good guys out there that don't charge for advice.

Originally Posted by Cosmos
Seriously? Does anyone research anymore?

Dude....everyone needs a "custom"226/234 EPS cam!
DUDE!! Everyone has that "custom" 226/234 EPS cam LOL!! Thats funny!

Quick Reply: Texas Speed "Tsunami" Camshaft?