Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 for boost w/good internals, would the material between the cylinder be the issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by COPO9560
Depending on the internal damage, $2K might be a good price for this to use as a core. Kind of depends how much can be saved. Titanium rods, not ideal for your boosted build, would cost a fortune to replace - might fetch a good price to the right guy. Same with one good head, rockers etc.

For what its worth, you don't need 427 cubes or LS7 heads to make 800 or so hp with FI. If these are the parts you go with, you could easily raise your target.
I just saw it and thought it might be something good to grab and fix and use it for future use. I planned on changing all the internals but then I found out the liners were weak. The head has a little damage but I think it can be fixed but at what cost?

If I replaced all the liners it would be no better than if I just did an ls1 block which I have laying around already.

Here are some pics. You tell me

Quick Reply: LS7 for boost w/good internals, would the material between the cylinder be the issue?