Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you an pack raced?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you check the street race/kill section you'll see a thread about it. Check it out
Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 AM
TECH Regular

How in the hell are you kill slaves?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

The first slave went because when rpm installed the ticks they had the clutch line ran it a 1 1/2in next to the header.. They used DOT 3 fluid and it boils at 287'. When I examined the Slave the rubber seals was ruptured where the clutch line goes into the slave. That explains why I lost half my clutch pressure after round 2 with lilmiller. The forth run the slave bearings failed and it heat welded itself.. The 2nd one.. Well when I installed the clutch,new slave, and diff I forgot to thread sealant the speed bleeder line going into the slave, when the car got hot it leaked fluid so I dropped the drivetrain again.. With the drivetrain dropped I noticed the slave bearing case has a wobble to it.. (it's almost impossible to save the slave when you drop it).. Well at the time I had to have the car finished because I had to be down in nc the next day so it had to be reused.. 660+ miles and no problems so I started playing around. I think the miss shift 5th kinda ended that slave after 5 or so hard runs.. And when I raced the Maggie gto I didn't miss shift but it just finished it off
Old 06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My slave line runs very close to my headers-- about 1/2-3/4" away. It can't go any farther and knock on wood, no problems so far. I've been checking it every chance I get and it seems to be ok.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

With the ticks extra long line I ran the line up the backside of the engine to avoid the headers.. The only other explication of this issue is the ticks master is just being to hard on the slaves
Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, Instead of racing people I would be out practicing my driving. Dont say anything to anybody and mind your own business and then come out swinging. With your weight and your power your car should be flying. I went 11.40s on Nittos with 50 less hp and about 500 pounds more weight in my 03 Cobra.

I have to give you allot of credit because you have done most of the work your self and even after all the problems you have stuck with it.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man.. Yea with good track prep, perfect shifting with a good launch I would like to see a 10sec pass.. The car needs a retune down here in nc.. It's running rich (had the car tuned in Ohio) and since I'm getting out the marines soon I'm not going to waste the money for retune. After I fix this slave I'm getting it weighed
Old 06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok I have quite a bit of follower's of my build... Here be the latest update. I pulled out the slave today.. Noticed this one was worse then the previous fried one.. I couldn't find all the bearings so I'm pulling off the clutch tomorrow and replacing that pilot bearing while I'm at it. I get my new slave in sat around 3:30pm (auto zone calculation) and hopefully have her race ready by sunday afternoon for a street turny down here that I'll like to attend

Here's the first fried slave

Another picture of the first one

The second fried slave

Some handy paper weight's?
Old 06-15-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, this is still going on? What times have you gotten out of that thing since you've started this build? And if you're getting out of the Marines soon, why blow all this money on the car when you could be holding onto it until you get settled in the civ world?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Idk what you mean by what times have I gotten since I first started? I think on page 14 it shows some of my fastest stock times compared to the recent trip to the strip with winter tires... Was really bad. I blow this money because I can... I rent 2 rooms out from my house and gen that's what I use to mod the car.. around 800$ a month I have to put to my car fund.. The cash I get from the military I pay bills and yes I do save with that.. I have about 5k in savings so I'm sure I'll be fine when I get out. Idk if you been to seps n teps yet but you make more $ going to school and collecting unemployment then you do in the military. (I'm a strong believer for unemployment for prior service members) but I'm a workaholic so I'll be working and school for business management. All else fails I do have certificates to be a roughneck. Money isn't a worry for me. I live with my means and manage my fiances well for a 2nd award lance as you can tell
Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I meant stock, and after you modded. I read this thread a few days ago and forgot what they were, just didn't feel like looking lol. Yes, I have been to SEPS and TAMPS, had to just to cover all bases in case my first re-enlistment didn't get approved. I'm actually an Active Duty SSGT, I hit 10 yrs in Oct, currently in Afghanistan. You are correct, some people do make more going to school and collecting unemployment, and then again, some people like having the satisfaction knowing they earned their pay at the end of the day. Not knocking your hustle if that's what you plan to do, but like you said, you're a workaholic. I was just tryna see what all the hub-bub was about because I saw all the sand you were kicking up around here, and I've met Matt, Dubz, and a few of the other guys when I was stationed down here my last tour. MY how things have changed in J-vegas.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol something tells me your from rwhp... I'm curious what's all being said on that site... I'm perm band from it. Well the car should be put back together tomorrow and I will be ordering my nitrous kit...
Old 06-16-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GA95DCMSS
Man, this is still going on? What times have you gotten out of that thing since you've started this build? And if you're getting out of the Marines soon, why blow all this money on the car when you could be holding onto it until you get settled in the civ world?
It went really slow. He needs a automatic since he cant figure out the 6 speed thing.( See Packy races)
Old 06-16-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm on RWHP, not from there lol. I haven't posted in some years. I only buy stuff off there every once in a while and to see whats up with people. That's really about it. I just recently PCS'd back local, so I've been on there looking at dates for track days, etc.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1badeagle
It went really slow. He needs a automatic since he cant figure out the 6 speed thing.( See Packy races)
hmmmm not even... I was having mechanical problems... Ie short shifter springs was out so slightest "tug" upward wouldn't let me go in a gear... But packy went 11.04 @ 126mph with a bad 60ft the following week. He usually traps 126-129. Not saying I can do that... That's just an rough idea were the car's potential is at... In all my race's with packy he couldn't pass me unless I miss shift or hit traction control. Our first daylight race.. 45roll when we I had a passenger, we had a good solid run and his car did start passing me around 140ish but that's towards the end of 4th gear and I don't see a reason running past that. I did have a passenger during that run.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I meant stock, and after you modded. I read this thread a few days ago and forgot what they were, just didn't feel like looking lol. Yes, I have been to SEPS and TAMPS, had to just to cover all bases in case my first re-enlistment didn't get approved. I'm actually an Active Duty SSGT, I hit 10 yrs in Oct, currently in Afghanistan. You are correct, some people do make more going to school and collecting unemployment, and then again, some people like having the satisfaction knowing they earned their pay at the end of the day. Not knocking your hustle if that's what you plan to do, but like you said, you're a workaholic. I was just tryna see what all the hub-bub was about because I saw all the sand you were kicking up around here, and I've met Matt, Dubz, and a few of the other guys when I was stationed down here my last tour. MY how things have changed in J-vegas.

Did Mizzy build your car before he moved to Raleigh? I remember seeing an impala he was doing an LS swap in a few years back at his house.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
Did Mizzy build your car before he moved to Raleigh? I remember seeing an impala he was doing an LS swap in a few years back at his house.
Yea, that was mine. I actually built the car. I did have alot of Mizzi's help though. I got tired of paying bay fees at the auto hobby shop,and had him take it to his place so I could work on it there. The wiring was a mess, and once I got it running and to VA I had to completely redo the harness...even though I paid a sponsor ~800.00 to do it for me. It would idle at 2k-4k rpm at any given time. He definitely helped me out alot and learned me a thing or 2 while I was there. His family was the awesome too. Hell some nights I'd be out there till almost midnight, not paying attention to what time it was lol. What car did you have at the time?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, that was mine. I actually built the car. I did have alot of Mizzi's help though. I got tired of paying bay fees at the auto hobby shop,and had him take it to his place so I could work on it there. The wiring was a mess, and once I got it running and to VA I had to completely redo the harness...even though I paid a sponsor ~800.00 to do it for me. It would idle at 2k-4k rpm at any given time. He definitely helped me out alot and learned me a thing or 2 while I was there. His family was the awesome too. Hell some nights I'd be out there till almost midnight, not paying attention to what time it was lol. What car did you have at the time?
It was a black 91 z28, the weld drag lites that he put on his GN came off of my car when I put a narrowed rear end in it.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Finished taking the clutch out to replace the pilot bearing today... Going to finish re-installing the clutch and hopefully finish up tomorrow then check the ticks...

Quick Reply: my ls3 h/c combo added twin turbo on my ls2 c6 z51 vette build list