Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam selection, 6.0/LS3 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Piston to valve clearance depends, as tainted said, on the head specs too. Do you already have the heads, or are you buying this as a heads/cam package? We can setup the entire package to clear, and get you the correct valves, springs, and milling for your heads to match the cam and you can be confident the combo is going to fit.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be buying the heads and cam in the next month or two. I'm also going with a buddy of mine next week to tour a machine shop and maybe get some quotes. If the price is right, I may go all out for my build this winter instead of waiting. I'm not looking for huge numbers here, just something to get used to before I really go all in. This is my first car with more than 250hp rated, so it's been interesting to get used to so far. And as much as I would love to go after a set of CNC ported heads, those kinds of things are way out of my budget right now. I'm pushing it just to save the money for the stroker rotating assembly and machine work.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fyi theres more than a handful of people making more than 500rwhp on stock cubes
Old 10-13-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Op im building my setup the same as you basically. I know you said you want to stay away from machine work, but you need to get the compression up. Im using an LS2 block and rotating assembly, pro comp CNC ls3 heads and ported ls3 intake. I dont want to give out my cam specs, but i had Ed Curtis custom grind me a cam. 23x/24x .63x/.63x on a 112+x. Its bigger than the other cams being specd here by a good margin. I told him i was decking the heads .030 and did NOT wxnt to fly cut and this is what he sent me. Take it for what its worth OP.
just curious to see how your build turned out, I'm rebuilding my motor right now and already have my cam whitch is real close in size to yours, also have ls3 heads and thinking about using a ported stock ls3 intake also

Quick Reply: Cam selection, 6.0/LS3 build