Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Garage Built LS7

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it fits where my ashtray used to be in the center console. the gauge is a little smaller than the average gauge. Zeitronix makes alot of neat tuning products and their customer service is fast and helpful
Old 03-13-2014, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

even though im post surg day 1 and my physician would kill me i decided to not be lazy and do a lil work and pin my harness for my dual flash pcm i picked up from PCM Calibrators... i believe they are a sponsor and nice guys.
PCM looks exactly the same as factory ofcourse

came with new pin

whenever the pin is grounded the PCM switches tune, i tried to bend the pin as close to the way it looks from the factory as possible just to make sure it fits in the harness right

wired to pin 78 on the blue connector

confirm continuity

ran the wire around the grommet for now. I plan on running alot of various things through this hole in the fire wall and will add a wire loom later. Will also clean the brush out later
Old 03-14-2014, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

I had not shown any pics of the fuel set up yet because the FPR mount i had didnt fit exactly the way i wanted it to. So i talked to Mighty Mouse Solutions about it and them being the stand up people they are sent me out a different one that i could trim to fit.
this is the way i have been running it. The FPR just sitting on top and i ran out of PTFE fittings so i had a section of it just cheap jegs line

went ahead and measured out everything and i had to trim the mount that came with the FPR and my new one from MM

And here we are, i still need to trim down some of the lines but i was able to tuck the FPR down and away from everything by the break booster.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

deleted AIR today and discovered that at some point my PCV tubes ripped/broke behind the manifold where no one could see. Maybe thats where all that oil has been coming from over the years and not a pan leak haha
Old 03-15-2014, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Also rerouted the fuel lines under the hood and added a T before the first rail in the feed system for the nitrous system later on

came out rather clean
Old 03-15-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maroonls1z
deleted AIR today and discovered that at some point my PCV tubes ripped/broke behind the manifold where no one could see. Maybe thats where all that oil has been coming from over the years and not a pan leak haha
Also rerouted the fuel lines under the hood and added a T before the first rail in the feed system for the nitrous system later on

came out rather clean
Bet your glad to find that leak! Catch can time! Lol

Did you get the rings gapped for Nitrious by ERL? What was the gap reading?
Old 03-15-2014, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

i told them nitrous gap, they did the same upper and lower which i have not seen before but they tend to know their motors. They are GFX rings gapped at 0.0053 x bore (0.022) which according to the gap chart is a little bit wider than "moderate nitrous/boost". Unfortunately no one has really been able to tell me what moderate is.... My plan is a progressive 2 stage. 1 a dry shot through a halo system. 2 a wet through the nitrous outlet money maker. I am going to use the lingenfelter nitrous controller.That thing is awesome and can same multiple tunes for various ways you want to run the car as well as it connects to their timing retard/rev limmiter and adj thing on the fly
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i told them nitrous gap, they did the same upper and lower which i have not seen before but they tend to know their motors. They are GFX rings gapped at 0.0053 x bore (0.022) which according to the gap chart is a little bit wider than "moderate nitrous/boost". Unfortunately no one has really been able to tell me what moderate is.... My plan is a progressive 2 stage. 1 a dry shot through a halo system. 2 a wet through the nitrous outlet money maker. I am going to use the lingenfelter nitrous controller.That thing is awesome and can same multiple tunes for various ways you want to run the car as well as it connects to their timing retard/rev limmiter and adj thing on the fly
Well, we can compare they also gapped mine the same top and bottom. I told them I wanted a complete NA only build and to gap the rings accordingly tight. I wanted a .015 bore gap, but they gave me .020 gap. Regardless, it runs like a scolded dog so I'm happy!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

dont know if you have seen this but here is the chart for the rings
http://www.aa1car.com/library/ringendgap_wiseco.pdf
Old 03-15-2014, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont know if you have seen this but here is the chart for the rings
http://www.aa1car.com/library/ringendgap_wiseco.pdf
Yep, in the ERL paperwork. Mine are .0050 top and bottom.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

seem its all around there unless your going full race and want alot of blowby
Old 03-15-2014, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

seem its all around there unless your going full race and want alot of blowby
Yep. I get it, they know it's safe, and works well, so it's standardized.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

I think I have decided to ditch the torquer and get a mamo custom cam and I'll also get rid of my katech oil pump and go with a schumanns hv with o-ringless pick up. I'm honestly surprised more people don't run their stuff since I constantly hear people on here complain either something happened or they are worried something happened to their o-ring. Unfortunately and fortunately I started a new position as a critical care pharmacist and it has taken up a ton of time and I havnt had a chance to start putting together the motor but I should start pretty soon of only for a couple hours a day. Can't wait to finish up
Old 04-06-2014, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I have decided to ditch the torquer and get a mamo custom cam and I'll also get rid of my katech oil pump and go with a schumanns hv with o-ringless pick up. I'm honestly surprised more people don't run their stuff since I constantly hear people on here complain either something happened or they are worried something happened to their o-ring. Unfortunately and fortunately I started a new position as a critical care pharmacist and it has taken up a ton of time and I havnt had a chance to start putting together the motor but I should start pretty soon of only for a couple hours a day. Can't wait to finish up
Glad you've decided on a bigger stick. Truly, you won't regret it at all. You'll need more cam w/ the CR you're going to run, not to mention it'll make more power! I really wish I'd have known about schumann's pump before I ordered mine. They look top notch!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

I've got so much stuff lying around I'm not using now it's a lil sad. Two t56 in parts, two assembled. Extra oil pump, ls7 injectors. 10 bolt rear, cam
Old 04-11-2014, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got so much stuff lying around I'm not using now it's a lil sad. Two t56 in parts, two assembled. Extra oil pump, ls7 injectors. 10 bolt rear, cam
Things to sell to support the build! We need to see a pic of what the garage looks like!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

A mess! But I do need to know if an ati pulley can be pinned when using a scoggin dickey crank pulley spacer for conversion of long snout to wet sump... No one has been able to give me an answer
Old 02-19-2015, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

After a new job and moving twice I can start final assembly on my motor.

Garage Built LS7-image-1082628235.jpg

Ready to get this thing done. All of my parts were just sitting in storage for far too long.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between assembly lube and assembly grease? I have a large tube of assembly grease by joe Gibbs and I bought it because I liked the idea of it being thicker and figured I could pack the oil pump with it as well to build pressure faster?
Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Old 05-31-2015, 06:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 585 Likes on 406 Posts

Looks nice but it'll look even better in the car!!
I been waiting on this one to be done for a while now to get some results.

Quick Reply: Garage Built LS7