Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Build a 650hp 6.0L - fill in the holes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bozzhawg
Sorry Hoss but I cannot recomend anything without knowing those things I listed to be accurate and efficient. Maybe some have mastered the art of recomending heads and cams without knowing the full combination or setup but I have not.

I will tell you this, the key to making highly efficient power is to pay attention to details. I have seen guys throw money at combos or this or that head, and still come up short because they bandwagoned the latest trend or fad.
The only outcome I'm seeking is numbers at the crank, not as an end result or 1/4 mile time. So if my equation becomes a bit more defined, then I can see needing the details to formulate the right combination. But as a starting point, that's where I'm beginning. A 650hp engine (at the crank), with no other ambitions past that. We'll see what evolves down the road where weight, gearing becomes significant details, as you so stated.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Briou
Lil: My plan for traction control is the full suspension I already have along with some wide rubber to keep it stuck....

Brian: In all my researching and looking around it really all comes down to getting a the right head and the cam to match....once you get those two figured out it is pretty easy to figure out what intake, headers, etc....I am planning on going with the Mast 305 black label ls7 heads.....I already have an intake that will feed pretty much any heads....Check out my thread...a bunch of knowledge has been put down in there.... https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...454-build.html
Thanks for pointing me to you thread. Great info! Yup, the heads seem to be the key. Once I have a pretty solid idea of what has been proven in the past, I can start consulting a cam grinder. Funny they wont make a recommendation until everything else is clearly defined. So hoping that someone has built one that came close to the HP target I'm seeking so I can tweek the cam to fit the specifics. Thanks again for the link!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

What rwhp number would 600-650 flywheel hp be?
Old 10-04-2013, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TOYBOX
What rwhp number would 600-650 flywheel hp be?
Depending on the drivetrain, you'll lose somewhere between 15-20% from crank to wheels.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

So it looks like the low qualifiers are the Texas Speed 237 heads and the AFR 230 heads. Oddly enough, I haven't really much found much info on engines built that produced around the HP range I'm looking at. At least not a lot of details. Figured I'd find a bunch of info out there!

Quick Reply: Build a 650hp 6.0L - fill in the holes!