Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Dyno results for 427 stroker with hydraulic cam 776 hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 01:05 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Strokedcamaroz28
What is your definition of "longevity"? I mean even to get to 500 miles would take a long time when I'm racing only right ? This is definitely a race only car. No street driven mailed at all. With that said I was focusing on the strongest parts I could buy writhing reason (price wise)
Depends on the application. Longevity for a endurance application is different than for a drag race application. That is your point, right? It's not uncommon for a drag race engine to sacrifice longevity for power.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCS
Depends on the application. Longevity for a endurance application is different than for a drag race application. That is your point, right? It's not uncommon for a drag race engine to sacrifice longevity for power.
Yea pretty much. Imo unless u spend a trillion dollars, you have to sacrifice certain things. As u said, power for longevity. I called Brodix today as well and they said the bronze guides are what they use in all ls7 heads
Old 12-15-2015, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

.......This car runs one 1/4 mile at a time and 1k miles in 1/4 mile increments is years worth of racing for me......
I wouldn't worry much about 'durability' either. To a greater or lesser extent, most of the guys I know with dedicated racing applications tend to do a rebuild after every season or two.

Just the cost of doing business......

KW
Old 12-15-2015, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen, I'm sure you can find an issue with any motor ever built. Something can always be different or "better". I don't understand the geometry because I'm not interested in it on that level. If the guides wear out they will be replaced. This car runs one 1/4 mile at a time and 1k miles in 1/4 mile increments is years worth of racing for me. The build parts are quality from the oil pan to the intake. Whether they are stock rockers or bronze guides. It is what it is
That's fine - I don't build drag race engines, I build endurance engines that spin 4k-8k+ RPM for 40-80 hours non stop between refreshes. Abnormal or accelerated wear is unacceptable in those applications.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great numbers and results, for a hydraulic roller. Congrats!
Old 12-15-2015, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by machinistone
That's fine - I don't build drag race engines, I build endurance engines that spin 4k-8k+ RPM for 40-80 hours non stop between refreshes. Abnormal or accelerated wear is unacceptable in those applications.
yea brotha thats a whole different ballgame then what im doing lol
Old 12-15-2015, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOLO
Great numbers and results, for a hydraulic roller. Congrats!
thanks man.... im pretty happy with this hydraulic roller.. im sure solid may net a few more hp but the price for the rockers and complete sr set up wouldnt justify it in my opinion...

i think i left a few horsepower on the table as well.... i dynoed the motor with 1 7/8 headers but i will have 2 inch headers on my car.. should net about another 20-30 im hoping
Old 12-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea brotha thats a whole different ballgame then what im doing lol
Yeah, that's the point - likely came across harsher than I intended. Again, great numbers, I just look at things from a longevity standpoint first.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by machinistone
Yeah, that's the point - likely came across harsher than I intended. Again, great numbers, I just look at things from a longevity standpoint first.
No worries
Old 12-17-2015, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

i just had someone who i dont personally know or know their engine knowledge tell me that i dont have enough cubes for the cam im running...

im no cam expert so any thoughts are appreciated....

i thought the cam made great power, imo
Old 12-17-2015, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

i just had someone who i dont personally know or know their engine knowledge tell me that i dont have enough cubes for the cam im running...

im no cam expert so any thoughts are appreciated....

i thought the cam made great power, imo
I would think that cam spec'ing is more tied to compression ratio than to cubic inches.

Yes....there are other factors involved, but cubic inches is a lesser factor than most people think.....

KW
Old 12-17-2015, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KW Baraka
I would think that cam spec'ing is more tied to compression ratio than to cubic inches.

Yes....there are other factors involved, but cubic inches is a lesser factor than most people think.....

KW
when he said that he caught me off guard as i am no cam expert. i dont even know if he knows his face from his *** but i thought id ask on here... he was saying torque should be higher in regards to horsepower but from most race engines ive seen horsepower more often then not trumps torque by a lot.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you shouldn't be listening to that guy in the first place lol
Old 01-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't know what the preload is. The shop did all of that stuff.

I went with ls7 lifters because I've found stock Gm stuff especially newer ls stuff is almost always just as good if not better than after market stuff.
I ordered a pair of RHS LS7 305cc FRH and for street application FRH suggested the LS7 lifters with trunion upgrade. For the exact same reason Strokedcamaroz28 said..... it's true some of the stock stuff now a days are just as good if not better than the aftermarket.
Another suggestion that kind shocked me were the HR.....johnsons ST; same one used in the stock COPO Camaros.

Quick Reply: Dyno results for 427 stroker with hydraulic cam 776 hp