Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018 | 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why are there like 6 of the same thread right now?
Old 04-04-2018 | 08:58 AM
Teching In

Ordered the Saccitycorvette Barbell and I can not get it to go in more than an inch. I would guess there may be a few burrs in the port. How should I correct this problem? Stock plastic barbell goes in with no problem.
Old 04-04-2018 | 01:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Flynman
Ordered the Saccitycorvette Barbell and I can not get it to go in more than an inch. I would guess there may be a few burrs in the port. How should I correct this problem? Stock plastic barbell goes in with no problem.
Hi Flynman,
Sorry your Billet Barbell is to tight. Here is why it is tight and instruction on how to fix it.
SacCityCorvette’s Barbell Installation: Because the Barbell is such a precise fit, we test fit every Barbell in a jig that is exactly the size of the oil port in the engine. It is very rare, but there is the possibility that your new Barbell may be too tight upon test fitting. We believe that during manufacturing with some engines the drill bit drilling the oil port was worn and ready to be changed out. Maybe that is another reason GM makes the factory Barbell so loose. Because it is so rare to have this issue, we will not make our Barbell smaller to accommodate the issue of a very few and defeat the purpose of our Barbells goal of keeping unfiltered oil out of your bearings. That being said, if you encounter a Barbell that is too tight upon installation, we recommend cutting the head off of a 1/4-20 bolt and putting it in a drill and screw the Barbell on to it, then running the drill use it to lightly sand the Barbell with fine sand paper until it fits properly. Only sand the end without the O-ring! Only a very small amount of sanding should be necessary. Lube O-Ring before installing! If for some reason you dont want to slightly sand it, You can send it to us and we will take .005" off for you. It is best if you sand it for a perfect fit.
Please contact SacCityCorvette if you have any question. Sales@saccitycorvette.com or (916) 968-4451

Thank you
Christian

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!
Old 04-05-2018 | 02:45 PM
Teching In

Christian, I ran a 600 grit 5/8 in. flex hone with cutting oil on it into the port and just turned it by hand for 3 or 4 revolutions and cleaned it out with a rag. Then I did as you said, took the Barbell down from 15.99 MM (digital caliper reading) to 15.95 still a tight..then took it down to 15.93 with 400 grit sandpaper. Cleaned the barbell, put some light oil in the port and it slid right in with just light pressure!!! Thanks for the advice!! SaccityCorvette has great customer service!!

Thanks,
Keith R
Old 04-05-2018 | 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

.06mm = ~ .0025"

That's tighter than frog p**** if that was all it took. When I put mine in it didn't quite just go right in but it wasn't too far from it, didn't take any real effort.

Last edited by RB04Av; 04-06-2018 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2018 | 09:02 PM
Teching In

This may be a must for me. After fresh rebuilds all the metal faces that wear under initial breakin. Wouldn’t hurt to keep all I can out of the valvetrain. I am buying one!!
Old 11-19-2018 | 04:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

If you have your Rear Main Seal Cover off, you have easy a access to your barbell. This is a inexpensive worthwhile product that keeps unfiltered oil out of your bearing and lifters.
LS and LT1 lifters have tiny needle bearing in the rollers, small particles getting in these bearing greatly reduces there life especially with cam swaps that use heavier valve spring pressures that apply more pressure to these bearings.
Top engine builders like Texas Speed and WS6 Store use our barbells in there engine builds.

Thank you
Christian

Last edited by saccitycorvette; 11-19-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2019 | 08:56 PM
Teching In

just found out about this barbell design and luckily i havent started putting my motor back together yet
Old 05-28-2019 | 12:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

Thank you everyone for all your business!

All of our Billet Oil Improvement Parts are in stock ready for same day shipping!

Christian

Old 05-30-2019 | 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by saccitycorvette
Top engine builders like Texas Speed and WS6 Store use our barbells in there engine builds.

Thank you
Christian
Not doubting this claim at all, because I was actually quite surprised to see that in my engine they (TSP) built for me just 6 months ago, came with a regular stock/factory plastic barbell, it didn't come with a billet barbell like yours.
Old 05-30-2019 | 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AndyTA
Not doubting this claim at all, because I was actually quite surprised to see that in my engine they (TSP) built for me just 6 months ago, came with a regular stock/factory plastic barbell, it didn't come with a billet barbell like yours.
Maybe it must be specified?
Old 05-30-2019 | 01:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by AndyTA

Hi Andy,
I'm not sure which builds they put them in or if they have a build sheet and you check the box if you want one, but I can tell you that they buy large quantities.
Since they buy them, that tells me that they understand the importance of not letting unfiltered oil run through the engine.

Thanks
Christian

Old 09-28-2019 | 02:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

If you're doing a engine build, our Billet Barbell is a price to pay for added engine protection!

Last edited by saccitycorvette; 09-28-2019 at 02:46 AM.
Old 10-16-2019 | 12:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

We have all these Billet Parts and the AlignIt Tools in stock and ready for same day shipping!

Billet Oil Improvement Parts, Help unfiltered oil out of the bearings and lifters.
https://www.saccitycorvette.com/OilS...provement.html

AlignIt Tools, get the rear Main and Timing Covers perfectly aligned with the crank and prevent leaks and premature seal failure!
https://www.saccitycorvette.com/AlignItTools.html

Old 04-23-2020 | 02:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this crazy time of the virus.
Just wanted to let you know, while we are practicing the virus safety precautions, we still have our same day shipping of our products.

Stay safe and let’s get through this!

Christian
SacCityCorvette

The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (04-23-2020)

Quick Reply: If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out!