Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

1st LS swap just picked up an L77

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 95roadmaster
I just bought an all aluminum L77 with 6L80 Trans out of a wrecked 2013 caprice PPV w/ 40K MILES
I did get the harness and computer with it, but I want to run a carb and controller instead of MPFI, or maybe running Holleys Sniper efi, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff, I'd really like to use the 6 speed maybe I'll get the pcm flashed
that's alright displacement on demand /active fuel management is what it has. I'm looking into LS9 and LS2 cams
a 1971 Chevelle 2 door granny car, its a 350 2 barrel runs like a top. But its LS time, would you b able to help with a camshaft and valve springs?
Before you choose a camshaft and supporting valve train, I would recommend that you make your final decision on whether you are going carb or fuel injection, which system you want to use and what intake manifold you will use.

If you go carbureted, make sure you can get a controller that will operate the 6 speed transmission. I know they make them for 4L60 and 4L80 transmissions. Same goes for aftermarket engine management. You will want to make sure it can control that transmission.

I would purchase the camshaft last after everything else is decided.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMMOTION PERF
I would purchase the camshaft last after everything else is decided.
So wrong.
Aren't you supposed to get the biggest spring killing donkey dick cam and then crutch it twelve different ways to make it fit and run....????

Complain when it gets drug by a bolt-ons combo then sell the car
Old 06-28-2017, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Can't use carb engine with 6L80 trans. Unless someone made an aftermarket controller in past couple months it can only be controlled by factory PCM. This is where the Painless swap harness comes into play.

Quick Reply: 1st LS swap just picked up an L77