Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

project employee discount.. lq4 and a turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default project employee discount.. lq4 and a turbo.

little background, I work for a parts company in the Icahn automotive group. so I have lots of federal mogul parts available to me on the cheap.. and no I won't give you my employee discount lol

So I think I have at least the rough plan for my lq4 build. right now I have an 01 lq4 with 317 heads, bone stock with a bunch of miles on it. Since I work for a parts store, going to be using as many of the parts we sell in this build as I can..

what I want.. lots of low end power. I think 550 crank is a very obtainable goal. so here we go.. what ive got mapped out so far

short block, sealed power re-ring kit, with hyperutectic sealed power pistons at the stock 9.4 compression ratio. (wanted some speed pro forged but their only available in high compression) ls9 cam.

heads, rebuilt 317. heres where the questions start. will the ls9 cam require different pushrods, lifters and valve springs? I see a lot of talk on the "blue" ls2 springs. do I need them? or will stock replacement springs do? Do i need different lifters? or will new lq4 lifters do? or something else? should I upgrade head bolts? going to use an MLS gasket as well.

hair dryer. t4/t70 set at about 8-9psi from cx racing I wanted a single turbo that spools up quick, and that's what they recommended. going to (hopefully) use flipped dorman or ATP exhaust manifolds as they offer many stainless upgraded manifolds for durability, and walker stainless tubing to connect it all together..

so that's what I got in mind. so far this build is extremely cheap, I've never owned a credit card, so if it can't be bought outright, it doesn't happen I'd like forged pistons. and good bearings, I'm going to make a call to federal mogul at some point and see what their techs recommend. and there's still the hyper pistons.. everywhere I read says their fine for mildish builds, and I will be running a tuned OE ignition / fuel injection system, so I will hopefully have the computer looking out for detonation.. so what do i have.. solid or $**t? lol

Quick Reply: project employee discount.. lq4 and a turbo.