Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Trick Flow Top End Kit for LS3

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trick Flow Top End Kit for LS3

Has anyone used this kit? Im dropping a LS3 in my WS6 next week, and picked up a set of the TFS 255 heads...I went to TF website to read up on them and seen they had a top end kit with these heads/cam combo...The cam specs are 230/238 .615 on 113...I called TF support to ask about PTV and they guy could not tell me if there would be an issue with it or not...I have never used a TF camshaft and I don't see much on reviews for them...Just wanted to see if anyone was running this combo and thoughts on the PTV...

Thanks
Old 06-18-2018, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd be the last person to vouch for a magazine piece, but here is your LS3 with the whole TFS top end package. Now for some speculation... Since the TFS heads have a shallower valve angle, this guarantees more PTV clearance when using a flat top piston without valve reliefs - all else being equal. In fact, I would wager that the major reason TFS 'rolled' the valve angle was to accommodate stock pistons without valve reliefs. The other benefits could be better combustion characteristics and a straighter shot to the valve.

If you do use the TFS cam, you should report results.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

I don't see where PTV clearance will be an issue at all.

The cam in my '95 Impala has almost the same duration as yours and about .050" more lift with OEM heads with no PTV issues what-so-ever......sooooo……..

KW

Quick Reply: Trick Flow Top End Kit for LS3