Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Another Lifter Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Lifter Recommendation

Hi Folks, long story short, building a 408 with LS3 heads for a street strip setup. I've called several cam companies for their recommendation.
I'm planning on staying with a hydraulic lifter as I'm figuring on a 7k shift point. Each company recommends a different lifter (manufacturer) and
when I ask about the other lifters that the other companies suggested, I get similar stories. That company has quality issues, but we switched to
these and the quality is great and has been for years......similar stories about all the lifters. Names such as Morel, Johnson, Delphi, Cadillac Racing
have all been asked about and I'm getting the same type of stories.

I had one tech tell me he's been building LS engines for 10 plus years and will only use brand X, then the next guy I talk to says the same thing except
he'll only use Brand Y because brand X has issues...........aarrgghh. Just want to get it right the first time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Everyone is going to have their own opinion based on their experience. As the largest engine re-manufacturer in the country and Delphis largest customer other than GM I can tell you we have very good look with the Delphi lifters. We use the LS7 on 95% of our HP builds, never really had an issue. The CTSV lifters are definitely a nice upgrade from the LS7 for higher RPM, from there I would go with Johnson link bar.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Which consideration in figuring a build do you go "up" to the CTSV lifter? Higher RPM capability?
Old 12-14-2018, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ATK Engines
Everyone is going to have their own opinion based on their experience...…..
.…..and which lifter they currently sale.

Jus' sayin'....

KW
Old 12-15-2018, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,786 Likes on 1,293 Posts

On my build I installed the Lunati High RPM link bar lifters from Morel and I'm having some lifter issues. Either the cylinder heads have an issue or a lifter is the culprit but either way I just finished dropping the engine out of the car and will start tearing it down this weekend. I'm either going to run the Johnson link bars or go with the CamMotion LLSR link bar lifters with some stiffer valve springs since I have a set of pedestal mount LS7 adjustable roller rocker arms from T&D that I'll going to clearance the heads for.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The nascar spec engines run flawless at 8000 rpm with a stock ls7 lifter. Yes you have to have the right spring rate , ti vlalves , stock rockers.