Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Comp Cam BSR rockers

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 05:32 AM
Launching!

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Comp Cam BSR rockers

I've tried searching but I couldn't find anything on these rockers. These seem like a good option for someone on a budget like me.

I'm thinking about trying these on ported ls7 heads with a mild cam but I can't find any feedback from anyone running them.

What do you guys think?

https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/cam-valvetrain/sema-2018-comp-cams-bsr-shaft-rocker-system-for-ls-engines/
Old 02-08-2019, 06:38 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,390 Likes on 2,096 Posts

There’s an thread over on Corvette Forum. The guy bought the setup, installed it and was initially upset because he had to change pushrods, and the company guys swore the stock pushrods would work, which apparently they won’t. So he took it all back off and went back to his standard setup. It ultimately got figured out and he seems happy, but in true Forvette Forum fashion, lots of guys started hating on Comp because the pushrod length deal. LOL.
The setup has a provision for pressure fed oiling to the new bushings, but it’s up to you to figure that part of it out. It requires a banjo fitting be placed on the end of the tube, and then you run a -3 or -4 line to the fitting, but I’m not sure how you’ll get through the valve cover...I guess with a bulkhead fitting?
Its a new setup for LS engines, but the overall design has been used for decades in Mopar stuff.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:29 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
There’s an thread over on Corvette Forum...
Do you have a link? I can’t seem to find it. **Nevermind, I found it**

I’m interested in it but it doesn’t seem to have any adjustability. A solid roller might be a PITA to set up with the custom pushrods.

Last edited by KCS; 02-08-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

It supposedly offers more rigidity in the valvetrain (a good thing for RPM) all so a stock rocker can scrub across the valve at 7800 RPM.

Whee.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 231 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
There’s an thread over on Corvette Forum. The guy bought the setup, installed it and was initially upset because he had to change pushrods, and the company guys swore the stock pushrods would work, which apparently they won’t. So he took it all back off and went back to his standard setup. It ultimately got figured out and he seems happy, but in true Forvette Forum fashion, lots of guys started hating on Comp because the pushrod length deal. LOL.
******* Corvette owners.

ZOMG! I don't know how to use calipers and read a number! This product is junk!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,037 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
******* Corvette owners.

ZOMG! I don't know how to use calipers and read a number! This product is junk!
Hey, ya gotta understand Vette owners want EVERYTHING pre-fit, pre-guessed-at, and preferably pre-installed. These ARE "premium" vehicles after all! BTW, never remind them some of their engines are just modified truck engines. LOL
Old 02-11-2019, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,129 Likes on 623 Posts

Those are a neat setup. OnAllCylinders interviewed on of their engineers at Sema. The article is here. Here's a link to the 3 versions on our site.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com
Old 02-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for info
Old 02-12-2019, 03:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 699 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Hey, ya gotta understand Vette owners want EVERYTHING pre-fit, pre-guessed-at, and preferably pre-installed. These ARE "premium" vehicles after all! BTW, never remind them some of their engines are just modified truck engines. LOL
I am a Vette Owner. Got my start in the LS world because I found my C5 cheaper than I could find a Camaro SS.
Watch who you are speaking to friend, I believe I have done a lot for this community.

Ron
Old 02-12-2019, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,037 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
I am a Vette Owner. Got my start in the LS world because I found my C5 cheaper than I could find a Camaro SS.
Watch who you are speaking to friend, I believe I have done a lot for this community.

Ron
I was being facetious. There is sometimes an attitude among SOME Vette owners that is hard to put up with. They also lack a sense of humor about themselves. I was addressing them.
Thank you for your community efforts.