Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

6.0 cam question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 cam question

Hey all! Could simeone help me out with some cam work? I've got a 04 6.0 in my 07 scsb Chevy. Blew the trans in it last week and going to pull motor and trans at the same time. However when the trans is being built im going to rip into the motor. I'm looking for advice on cam choices. I'm planning on adding a turbo into the equation down the road and wondering what cam I should be looking into that will work N/A but also work with a mild turbo. Looking for the 600hp range.
Thanks!
Daniel R
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,155 Likes on 2,462 Posts

The best people to ask here would be TSP or Cam Motion. They will get you in the right diection
Old 03-06-2019, 05:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,212 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Reitz
Hey all! Could simeone help me out with some cam work? I've got a 04 6.0 in my 07 scsb Chevy. Blew the trans in it last week and going to pull motor and trans at the same time. However when the trans is being built im going to rip into the motor. I'm looking for advice on cam choices. I'm planning on adding a turbo into the equation down the road and wondering what cam I should be looking into that will work N/A but also work with a mild turbo. Looking for the 600hp range.
Thanks!
Daniel R
Our Summit Stage 1 pro Ls Ghost Cam works extremely well under boost or naturally aspirated. P/n Sum-8715. With the right top end, it can take you to 470+ at the wheels naturally aspirated. Nothing crazy, but some ported factory heads or Tfs 220 as cast even better. The Stage 2 or 3 turbo cams would be a good fit too, but they will want a converter. They will still make excellent power NA as the only valve event we changed was the exhaust closing point.