Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

BTR camshaft info

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default BTR camshaft info

I am putting a LSA supercharger on my LS3 and need to replace the camshaft. I contacted BTR as the specs on their supercharger camshaft look pretty good. I am not going to mention who I talked with, but the info he gave me was 100% different than what it said on their web site. If the cam he recommended works, great, but I surely do not want to replace it later.
Anybody know who their cam person is at BTR that I can call and talk with?
Old 03-17-2019, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,155 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Yeah I would be wary of conflicting info. I doubt he knew of which he spoke. Just to get different opinions, maybe give a call to Cam Motion and TSP, both of whom also grind their own cams. BTR's are ground by Comp.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by joyridin'
I am putting a LSA supercharger on my LS3 and need to replace the camshaft. I contacted BTR as the specs on their supercharger camshaft look pretty good. I am not going to mention who I talked with, but the info he gave me was 100% different than what it said on their web site. If the cam he recommended works, great, but I surely do not want to replace it later.
Today is your lucky day my friend.
I know the exact cam spec to suit your engine, and make very good power while having a good idle.
I was going to do the exact same combination as yourself but the project was changed.
It's basically a larger version of the GM LS9 camshaft and will pull well everywhere especially in the top end.
It will hang on hard up top to around 7000rpm as the roots blowers tend to lose steam in the top RPM range and need exhaust duration and wider LSA.
The following cam spec is from Pat G and I paid for this recommendation and I am giving it to you for free. The valve events are perfect and it will make very good power.
I have received a lot of help through this forum and I know how frustrating it can be receiving conflicting information.So I hope this helps you out.

226/242 .626 .626 118 LSA +4

Get this cam made by cam motion.
BTR are good but I wouldn't trust the tech guys.
I would need to speak to Brian directly or someone who is as knowledgeable as him.
I'm fussy.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

If you want something with a more aggressive idle and still have decent driveability then I recommend the below spec.
This will also suit very well although it will bleed off a little boost due to 6 degrees of overlap

230/246 .626 .626 116 LSA +4

If this was my car I would go the first spec as it would have a little more low end power.
Up to you
Old 03-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You also have an option to get your cam ground on a cam Motion core
Old 03-22-2019, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zboy2012
You also have an option to get your cam ground on a cam Motion core
Actually, I am probably just going to go with a Cam Motion cam and call it a day. They have a pretty wide range of options.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, I am probably just going to go with a Cam Motion cam and call it a day. They have a pretty wide range of options.
That’s who I went with. Not a hydraulic roller but a Low lash solid roller. I’m glad I went that route though.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently orderred a 4.8 stage 2 turbo cam from LJMS, which is tied in with BTR, the cam specs are wrong on both websites, I was told the cam specs on the box are correct and the ones on the site are wrong, I think their websites need updating
Old 03-24-2019, 10:08 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

They only have a few options for PDS cams. What do you want to know? Recommendation for what stage to go with?

What's the car? Intended usage? Where do you want the power-band at?

Last edited by dr_whigham; 03-24-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,212 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
They only have a few options for PDS cams. What do you want to know? Recommendation for what stage to go with?

This.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr_whigham

I talked to Bob at Cam Motion. I went with their PD240/256 cam.

Car is a Cobra. Street driven. Mid to upper RPM range.