Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Isky HPX Hydraulic Roller Lifters

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 461 Likes on 358 Posts

Default Isky HPX Hydraulic Roller Lifters

Just wondering has anyone used the new Isky HPX hydraulic roller lifters?
Either the silver or gold series version?
I have ordered a set and just wanting to read people's opinions on these.
Are they any good?
Old 04-06-2019, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 215 Likes on 128 Posts

Isky makes top shelf products. I have their RollerLess Lifters in my LLSR 396".
No direct experience with their Hydraulic Lifters, but I would have No
reservations based on their history & reputation.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,035 Likes on 2,363 Posts

Originally Posted by NAVYBLUE210
Isky makes top shelf products. I have their RollerLess Lifters in my LLSR 396".
No direct experience with their Hydraulic Lifters, but I would have No
reservations based on their history & reputation.
^^^^This. Isky goes back to the earliest days of hotrodding. Their rep for good stuff goes WAAAY back. Nice they are entering the LS fray!
Old 04-06-2019, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Their products are top shelf, especially the springs. Add Isky springs to any worked up head combination and those springs will make a few more ponies than the other quality springs. And it is almost impossible to wear out their springs. They are warranteed for 1000 miles or two 500 mile races.

Ed Iskandarian is still alive and is almost 100 years old. He started off making performance parts for Model Ts. No one, and I mean no one, knows more about grinding a camshaft than him. He forgot more about camshafts and racing parts than anyone else has ever learned.

He still comes to work in his cluttered shop each day with a cigar stub stuck in the corner of his mouth. He can hand grind a camshaft or work with his crews on a CNC operation. No has anything on him. Buy their products with confidence. But, they are expensive.

BTW, I only use top end products from four manufactures. Isky is one of them, and the other three are Howards, Cranes, and Crower.

Last edited by rednari2; 04-06-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Nice to see positive reviews of Isky.
I only recently found out Isky goes way back and that they are a high end company.
Isky say their new line of hydraulic lifters are the only ones on the market that are short travel and run quiet with zero ticking,
And don't require a thin oil.
You can run up to a 20w 50 with no issues,
The Morel 5294 equivalent requires oil no thicker than a 5w 40.
Not sure how these compare to Morel or the others but I am confident they are a great product.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rednari2
Their products are top shelf, especially the springs. Add Isky springs to any worked up head combination and those springs will make a few more ponies than the other quality springs. And it is almost impossible to wear out their springs. They are warranteed for 1000 miles or two 500 mile races.

Ed Iskandarian is still alive and is almost 100 years old. He started off making performance parts for Model Ts. No one, and I mean no one, knows more about grinding a camshaft than him. He forgot more about camshafts and racing parts than anyone else has ever learned.

He still comes to work in his cluttered shop each day with a cigar stub stuck in the corner of his mouth. He can hand grind a camshaft or work with his crews on a CNC operation. No has anything on him. Buy their products with confidence. But, they are expensive.

BTW, I only use top end products from four manufactures. Isky is one of them, and the other three are Howards, Cranes, and Crower.
I wonder which of those 4 manufactures produce the very best product.
I was also looking at the Howard's Pro Max lifters however I wasn't sure if these are rebranded Morels or not.
I didn't get them because them because of the high seat pressure requirements of 200lb at a mininum and there was no mention if they tick or not.
Although they look like a well made product.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:13 AM
8 Second Club

Received 699 Likes on 440 Posts

They certainly don’t give them away do they?
$800 for a set of lifters is above my pay scale.

Isky does make top quality parts.
I put Isky Red Zone endurance solid rollers in my rat motor back in 05. Three owners later, still going strong. And back then “they” said solid roller not smart on the street.

Ron
Old 04-07-2019, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bortous
I wonder which of those 4 manufactures produce the very best product.
I was also looking at the Howard's Pro Max lifters however I wasn't sure if these are rebranded Morels or not.
I didn't get them because them because of the high seat pressure requirements of 200lb at a mininum and there was no mention if they tick or not.
Although they look like a well made product.
The high end lifters are made by Morel. Isky, Cranes, and Crower make their own High end lifters.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How are you liking these so far? I just got a set on the way since I couldnt find any other quality lifter for sale. A combination of Isky and Johnson has to be a good match.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by freeridesnomore
How are you liking these so far? I just got a set on the way since I couldnt find any other quality lifter for sale. A combination of Isky and Johnson has to be a good match.
My experience with them was very short lived because i had engine issues and ended up going to a solid roller setup.
With my brief experience they were very Quiet and my engine was super responsive.
You will be very happy with them.