Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 Inake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info and pics if you want a vette to put that on I got one in Berkley hehe! Looks like I will most likely end up with the 78 FAST or LS6 based on your info.
I grew up in Macomb, You must work for a supplier/GM...I wonder who manufactures that part? I work for an OEM myself and had the chance to whip around in a "stage 1" NeonNeonNeon over a year ago during testing. It was pretty retarded for the record.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure the pieces are friction-welded together? Seems like heat-staking or UV-staking is a more economical and more feasible for composites.

We've used friction welding (aka spin-weld) when fusing together steel, but I haven't heard it being applied to plastics....
Old 07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OOsilverado
You said the injectors on the LS2 are smaller? Does this mean that they are using the delphi injectors that the trucks currently use? If so maybe the truck rails bolt on without modifications
The injectors are shorter, but GM switched to new connectors on the injectors, and also the injector boss on the intake is a lot bigger in diameter so a bigger O-Ring needs to be used so a stock/aftermarket LS1 injector can be used
Old 07-30-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

to much trouble ........just buy a fast and be done with it .....call tpis they can make you a ls6 intake with the 90mm tb opening .....imho i think it flows damn near as good as the fast 90mm intake ....ive seen both ,,,,but i went with the fast 90mm on my car....
Old 08-01-2004, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default LSX on FI BC Motor

Originally Posted by LT4-398
Hey guys,
It doesn't look like there is much of any gains with this intake or the F.A.S.T. intake on an all motor car. What about forced induction or a nitrous 408ci iron block with good heads and cam?? Thanks for your input.

Keith

Keith,

Tuesday I am taking my car in to have a couple of mods done to it.

They include
90mm LSX Intake
90MM LSX TB
Extreme TQ Arm
Extreme Sway Bar
Oil Cooler
Fuel Voltage Regulator

Current setup is
C5-R 427
ATI Procharger F1 with 10# of boost at Manifold.

I will be having the shop do a Dynorun before and after to get numbers for comparison and I will be posting results.

Bryan
Old 08-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Hey Bryan,
Please let me know how it compares. I have heard that N/A the intake won't help but I have to think that under pressure or nitrous it will help. Thank you for your help.
You said LSX intake and T/B? Is that the LS2 or the FAST?

Keith
Old 08-01-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT4-398
Hey Bryan,
Please let me know how it compares. I have heard that N/A the intake won't help but I have to think that under pressure or nitrous it will help. Thank you for your help.
You said LSX intake and T/B? Is that the LS2 or the FAST?

Keith
I am doing the fast setup. I really was hoping for better information on the LS2 stuff as I get a substantial discount on GM parts. If anyone needs anything let me know, PM me part numbers.
Thanks
Bryan
Old 08-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Bryan,
Update?
Old 08-04-2004, 07:33 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
I am doing the fast setup. I really was hoping for better information on the LS2 stuff as I get a substantial discount on GM parts. If anyone needs anything let me know, PM me part numbers.
Thanks
Bryan
What is your price on LS6 intakes?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
Keith,

Tuesday I am taking my car in to have a couple of mods done to it.

They include
90mm LSX Intake
90MM LSX TB
Extreme TQ Arm
Extreme Sway Bar
Oil Cooler
Fuel Voltage Regulator

Current setup is
C5-R 427
ATI Procharger F1 with 10# of boost at Manifold.

I will be having the shop do a Dynorun before and after to get numbers for comparison and I will be posting results.

Bryan
did you get the results back on the mods?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stroked67camaro
did you get the results back on the mods?

Not yet, we are waiting on custom oil lines for the oil cooler they installed, once that is in, they will dyno one more time the stock LS6 intake then install the LSX and dyno it, I will keep the group posted.
Thanks
Bryan
Old 08-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Hey guys, I am also in the process of putting together a 422 w/ Futural 253/257 duration 643/648 lift cam on a 112, I am also considering the AFR 225's or the TEA stage 3 heads. I am having a hard time choosing between the LS2 and the Fast 90. I already have a Fast 90 mm TB, and Speed Inc. rails, so I could really go either way at this point. I'm planning on running a NX or TNT kit, (no more than 200), basically, I don't know which way to go, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Armen
Old 08-15-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default LSX Blown update

ok, you guys are going to love this one, When I was specing out my car, the power goal was around 650 RWHP. Sooooo, All of the parts I purchased were purchased with that number in mind. Enter Spec stage 3 clutch. , On the first dyno run if anyone saw the graph,

http://www.perigee.net/~lunapark/dynograph.html

at 4000 RPM, there is a little dip, that the guys in the shop and myself both thought were related to the MAF maxing out, and that indeed is a problem and a solution arrived today in the mail. Anyway, bought the LSX, and I wanted for you guys a before and after, so they went to put it on the dyno, and low and behold 730RW. Where did all the power go?, looked at the belt, and thought, must be slipping, belt repalced, same problem, but this time the problem stood out more previlent. The guy running the dyno said, it felt like a Automatic had stalled and the powerband just went flat where it was at 730rw. Yep, you guessed it, the Spec stage 3 is only rated to 720RW. Got the call and they said, what clutch did we put in this car, because I supplied it to them, I called Spec and they said, DOH!!!!!!, So at 4:45 I made the call to have them pull the tranny, less than an hour it was out of the car, when I got there and we went to look at it, the clutch, and Aluminum flywheel, were TOAST. , I love this stuff. Anyay, here is the really good part, SPEC says to me, we feel real bad about it, and if you will send it back we will put a better material on there to hold up to 900hp, and charge you $150.00 including replacing the Flywheel. ARE YOU BELIEVING THIS , Here is why I love this, that dip on the first graph, is on the second graph, and my guess is that the clutch gave up the first time, because it was new then it regrabbed. THis time it couldn't take it and gave out. I was glad to find out, and this means there may be a little more HP there. Maybe!!!, Anyway, clutch should be back on Thursday, and they will pop it back in, and we should have numbers on Friday, or Monday at the very latest. The reason I am really not pissed is I still consider this my testing phase. Get all of the kinks out, and then take it to the track.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

so what ever happend with it brian?
Old 08-26-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Brian wanted to bring this back up so we could see if anything new happened...
Old 08-26-2004, 02:11 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

common... im on the edge of my seat after reading this
Old 08-29-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I want one.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tim @ EADPerformance
The injectors are shorter, but GM switched to new connectors on the injectors, and also the injector boss on the intake is a lot bigger in diameter so a bigger O-Ring needs to be used so a stock/aftermarket LS1 injector can be used
My understanding is that the LS2 will use the Multec II "shorty" injector. Is that not the case? Since the truck and car injector connections are different, that makes sense.

Couldn't this intake be used with any Multec II injector and the truck fuel rail since the trucks already use the Multec II's?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody heard anything? Think we could get a c6 owner to call up the parts desk and get prices for intake/fuel rail combo? That is all we need from the vette anyway.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BoneSS
Anybody heard anything? Think we could get a c6 owner to call up the parts desk and get prices for intake/fuel rail combo? That is all we need from the vette anyway.

You don't need a c6 owner. I will call them tomorrow and get a part number and price.

Bryan

Quick Reply: LS2 Inake manifold