Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Lowdown on roller rockers

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2020 | 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Well if it's all in the combination and everything is setup from Mamo??
Who really knows though.
These things can be easily installed incorrectly/improper.
Pushrod length, wipe pattern, proper lash set up etc all play a vital role.
For the power to be falling of that early with a solid roller is not right.
As I said I had yella terras for 10 years and never had an issue.
I sold those rockers to someone in another state and are still going strong.
The majority of the time issues arise from improper install.
Remember Josh B's engine was running real well at first and making great power.
A spun bearing caused his issues. Not the rockers.
Then he went out and spent all those thousands on other parts.
It will be interesting to see how much he makes with the new all pro setup.

Old 09-02-2020 | 07:23 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Guy has same build thread here on Tech as well. So he builds a solid roller setup and 4 years later he re-dyno’s to find a loss of 18 hp...4 years later...and your agreeing with him that it’s the rocker arms fault? I’ve seen you post here many times about your dislike of the YT stuff. So why bring Mamo into the conversation?
The following users liked this post:
355ss (09-07-2020)
Old 09-02-2020 | 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Guy has same build thread here on Tech as well. So he builds a solid roller setup and 4 years later he re-dyno’s to find a loss of 18 hp...4 years later...and your agreeing with him that it’s the rocker arms fault? I’ve seen you post here many times about your dislike of the YT stuff. So why bring Mamo into the conversation?
Seriously there is TONS of these posts out there! That one was just the easiest to pluck that was fresh in my mind. And if you haven't figured it out yet Mamo has a "special set" of these rockers that are suppose to be better yet that are built to his specs. These are a set of those very rockers....
Old 09-03-2020 | 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

Seriously there is TONS of these posts out there! That one was just the easiest to pluck that was fresh in my mind. And if you haven't figured it out yet Mamo has a "special set" of these rockers that are suppose to be better yet that are built to his specs. These are a set of those very rockers....
Can you verify if those Mamo rockers were installed and set up correctly in the first place?
Old 09-03-2020 | 07:48 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by bortous
Can you verify if those Mamo rockers were installed and set up correctly in the first place?
No but what i am told is Mamo's setups are all designed and pre set up ahead of time. Kinda comes as a kit or complete top end package.......which is what was purchased.
Old 09-03-2020 | 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

No but what i am told is Mamo's setups are all designed and pre set up ahead of time. Kinda comes as a kit or complete top end package.......which is what was purchased.
That car made killer power and OP was sucking Tony's nuts for the results he got. Then **** went downhill from there....... Honestly we are in a hobby of extremes. We all chase gremlins eventually. That guy spent a **** ton of money and never bested his original numbers....... Id say its not a good post for references.
The following 4 users liked this post by lazerlemonta:
Che70velle (09-03-2020), Darth_V8r (09-03-2020), NAVYBLUE210 (09-21-2020), rkupon1 (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020 | 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

The springs are set yes but not the rockers.
I know. I got one of his packages.
You obviously need to measure for correct pushrod length.
If you get this wrong, your power does fall off earlier if they are too short.
It's out of Tony's hands when the rockers go on as he is not the one putting the rest of the valvetrain together.
It only takes one small error or mismatch to throw everything off.
Just as yella terra have said before too, the majority of issues has been from improper install and setup.

Quick Reply: Lowdown on roller rockers