Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

consequences of milling?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default consequences of milling?

Thinking about picking up some LS3 heads milled .030. My deck surface is already milled about .007. The heads will go on a L76 (6.0L). Other than possibly needing to shave the intake manifold, am I going to run into any problems with this setup?
Old 09-29-2020, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't see any "Problems" just keep in mind that if you are running a big high lift cam you should watch out for PTV clearance, you don't want to destroy your engine + when installing pushrods you should select appropriate length for your set up since you have your heads milled and deck surface milled also. consider getting pushrod length checker tool and measure before buying or using your pushrod.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

See what it raises your compression too. Need to be aware of having pump gas issues.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Khalifaa
i don't see any "Problems" just keep in mind that if you are running a big high lift cam you should watch out for PTV clearance, you don't want to destroy your engine + when installing pushrods you should select appropriate length for your set up since you have your heads milled and deck surface milled also. consider getting pushrod length checker tool and measure before buying or using your pushrod.
Aside from PTV and pushrod length, at what point does the head begin to give up flow because of excess material removed and intake alignment issues. Not saying you’ll run into any of these but something you should be aware of or look into, cuz who doesn’t need more negative stuff rolling around in your brain?

Quick Reply: consequences of milling?