Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 head, cam, intake and nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 01:03 AM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS7 head, cam, intake and nitrous questions

I'm kicking around the idea of possibly getting a C6 Z06. I have seen some of Fran's builds with AI CNC heads, Mason MSD and cam make 630 or so on their YouTube videos. Is that about what can be expected from a C6 Z or is more power possible? Finally will the stock bottom end work with nitrous and if so how much and what type of kit? Wuth a 175-200 shot would the stock bottom end handle it or would forged pistons and the Ti rods need to be replaced as well? I'm on the fence about a C6 Z06 and C7 Z06 with heads cam and F1A-94 so I appreciate the help.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:50 AM
Banned

Received 680 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
I'm kicking around the idea of possibly getting a C6 Z06. I have seen some of Fran's builds with AI CNC heads, Mason MSD and cam make 630 or so on their YouTube videos. Is that about what can be expected from a C6 Z or is more power possible? Finally will the stock bottom end work with nitrous and if so how much and what type of kit? Wuth a 175-200 shot would the stock bottom end handle it or would forged pistons and the Ti rods need to be replaced as well? I'm on the fence about a C6 Z06 and C7 Z06 with heads cam and F1A-94 so I appreciate the help.
You can make more than 630 rwhp = Solid roller, more compression to the limit of pump gas and or 🌽 fed e85. Depending on these you can get anywhere from 650 to 700+ rwhp Na
IDK 🤔
On the Motor going to Dope. I'd contact the dope man and ask what's the limit of stock pistons. I'm sure they've done more than enough to have reference points with a Ls7. Do a Google search read and see what's been done. 15 sec search 🤐. I'd still call and ask questions because They sell drugs Everyday and should and would have reference builds with Factory pistons

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...us-limits.html
Old 10-23-2020, 08:40 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,575 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
Pistons and rods aren’t the weak link of the LS7. The weak link with using forced induction or nitrous with the LS7 is the block. The sleeves are grey iron, very thin, and are subject to cracking easily. Happens a lot with big power builds on a stock bottom end LS7. Forced induction and nitrous both make very high cylinder pressures and unfortunately the LS7 block in factory form isn’t quite up to the task for very long periods. There are guys out there with forced induction setups and others with nitrous setups in their LS7 cars that will likely chime in and say that theirs has been fine for x amount of miles, but I see a lot of broken LS7 blocks. A whole lot. The LS7 has 11:1 compression already, so it’s not really an ideal starting point for adding power adders, and makes for a very small tuning window, in that aspect, with boost or N20.
The following users liked this post:
Double06 (10-24-2020)

Quick Reply: LS7 head, cam, intake and nitrous questions