Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Big mother thumpa cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,155 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Both Comp and Cam Motion make cams SPECIFICALLY for the lope so many people think a vehicle needs to have to be badass.
I'd rather have a smooth cam, AKA Stealth Mode, and blow their doors off that way.
I know, it makes no real sense except for the scores of guys who think they're real cool. The Big ***** Thumper is for those guys.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default But do those cams add any power na

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Both Comp and Cam Motion make cams SPECIFICALLY for the lope so many people think a vehicle needs to have to be badass.
I'd rather have a smooth cam, AKA Stealth Mode, and blow their doors off that way.
I know, it makes no real sense except for the scores of guys who think they're real cool. The Big ***** Thumper is for those guys.
this is my point of the post. Is there any application other than sound. Can I buy a roller drift car or dirt car and make it useful i jave been researching for days and cant find anyone that said it added this much hp
Old 03-17-2022, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,155 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Originally Posted by Country1982...
this is my point of the post. Is there any application other than sound. Can I buy a roller drift car or dirt car and make it useful i jave been researching for days and cant find anyone that said it added this much hp
Don't get me wrong, it DOES add power. It's just that there are cams that do the same power more efficiently and smoothly.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Default Bur how much

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Don't get me wrong, it DOES add power. It's just that there are cams that do the same power more efficiently and smoothly.
to clarify I will add that I have an eldebrock victory jr with msd stand alone and the stall converter he told me what brand i forgot. Along with that hughs built Trans,all of wich have a few burnouts on them. All big money items that I cannot use in my truck the intake with msd is 1k well 950 somthing. When I told my tuner my plans and showed him the specs of the cam he said that's not a good idea. So what do I do with this motor na cause I'm not going to build it. So it has to be na cause I don't have play money for the pro charger that I want for my truck and, from what I read it's not good for boost. Does it have a positive point that I can build on?
Old 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Default So decisions were made

So I decided to swap the cam and probably heads as I learned that he spent alot on the crank rods and pistons. Below is the kit that he used and the motor has hardly 100 miles on it. Does anybody recommend a head cam combination to give me the most power na without stall converter or small stall? It's going in a daily driven 2002 chevy 1500 4wd. Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2022, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 475 Likes on 277 Posts

Any idea on what the pistons are in the bottom end? It'd be nice to have an idea if they're domed or dished, so you could figure out what the compression ratio would be with various chamber sizes in your heads. More compression will help torque and mpg for a street motor, but will also affect what cam timing you can run ... you won't be able to run as early an IVC.

It's your "daily", but do you use it as a truck? If so, you'd probably want some "truck" cam, and maybe keep a little more margin on the compression ratio. If you like to hot rod it around a bit and don't tow/haul as much, you could go a bit wilder on the cam and compression.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grubinski
Any idea on what the pistons are in the bottom end? It'd be nice to have an idea if they're domed or dished, so you could figure out what the compression ratio would be with various chamber sizes in your heads. More compression will help torque and mpg for a street motor, but will also affect what cam timing you can run ... you won't be able to run as early an IVC.
Almost positive this is the kit he used
Old 03-19-2022, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Default Not positive

Not 100% sure he said complete eagle bottom end. That being said I might need to boar scope it to answer your question

Quick Reply: Big mother thumpa cam