Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

????'s about TT/Procharger cam, compression, gear ratio etc.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ????'s about TT/Procharger cam, compression, gear ratio etc.....

Originally wanted a 500whp NA build, Read a thread on the forums here how alot of guys running 500+ NA setups wish they would of went smaller on the cam and kept things a little more conservative and ended up going back to something more DDish

I have another thread on here trying to find a VVT cam for my 6.2l l9h in my sierra denali in the build I wanted.
My plan was a VVT cam, heads, LT headers, exhaust, springs, rods, lifters, trunions, gaskets, studs, TC, tran cooler, etc etc would of cost 7300 cdn installed myaelf. Then i was planning add a whipple later on which would of cost 10,000 cdn for the whipple all in 17,000.00 cdn......Even if i didnt get whipple gas mileage probably would of suffered considerably and driveability.

​​​​​​That seems insane to me now. So ive sussed up the speed engineering Twin Turbo kit (with turbo headers) 8620 steel TT cam (vvt delete), TC, Rods, springs, headstuds, gaskets, trans cooler, lifters, trunions, etc.... is (5249.00cdn for the TT kit and 4046.00cdn for everything else so total is 9549.00cdn which is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more acheivable. Get to beef up my engine and some drivetrain and a twin turbo.
(The cam im thinking of below says stock-3000rpm TC so i could possible buy a 6l90 trans for the same price instead of a TC i dunno just a though)

My question is. If i didnt want to the do the twin turbo kit JUST yet. COULD I do the rods springs trunions etc... and then throw a turbo camshaft in and get a tune and drive that for a year or two and have it not hurt anything and still get good gains This is the cam I was looking at.

I have 3.42 gears, 10.5:1, 6.2l. and l9h denali AWD has 54lb/hr @58psi injectors and a High volume OIL PUMP (1.25 c.i. per rev. @ 33 psi) stock. Would the oil pump and those injectors alllow me run lets say 500 to 650whp?

I wanted to go procharger at first, but all the centrifugal cams I could find suggest 9.5:1 compression and 3.73 or higher gear which i dont have and i think it would cost me more than the TT kit in the end. (Procharger kits are like 7 to 8 grand cdn.

I know its a long read but id appreciate any and all ideas
Mack

Last edited by MackMurder; 07-13-2024 at 02:34 AM.

Quick Reply: ????'s about TT/Procharger cam, compression, gear ratio etc.....