Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2005 LS2 GTO Dyno Results & Photo

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks much better than older one, and very nice numbers too boot!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
I would be pretty pissed off right now If I just put down 30 plus grand for the new GTO when they have the "newer" and better one coming out shortly...
I'm not pissed off at all bought mine in april knowing a bigger and better one woudl come out sometime. Its the nicest car i've ever owned. Bought mine for $29800, you could buy an automatic 04 GTO for $29400 right now. With the '05 GTO good luck for buying one for under $38 grand, MSRP is est. $34,xxx and you know dealers are gonna add markups. '05 GTO is gonna be hot.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fullfloatingHD
I'm not pissed off at all bought mine in april knowing a bigger and better one woudl come out sometime. Its the nicest car i've ever owned. Bought mine for $29800, you could buy an automatic 04 GTO for $29400 right now. With the '05 GTO good luck for buying one for under $38 grand, MSRP is est. $34,xxx and you know dealers are gonna add markups. '05 GTO is gonna be hot.

They tried markup on 04's and it didnt work too well. The bottom line is that I will wait until i can pick one up for 29k. Dealer can lick my *****. If they want 38k from me I will give them a
Old 08-01-2004, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fullfloatingHD
. '05 GTO is gonna be hot.

Oh.....you mean like the 04' was supposed to be??!! If they jack the prices up that much, they can expect sales to be even lower than they were for the 04's. I mean, the styling still hasn't changed enough to persuade anyone back into buying it, afterall, that was everyone's biggest complaint.

Personally, if they mark the price up to $38K, my bet is that the people that might have been interested in it because it is getting the LS2, will drop down the extra $5K for a new C6, seeing as how the base price for them has now dropped down to $43,500, and the 6-speed is now standard.

Pontiac made a move in the right direction by adding the LS2, but until they can come up with their own unique styling design, versus just slapping a 97-03 Grand Prix front end onto a Monaro, they are not going to sell very well at all.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just immagine if that motor came stock in Fbodys. We'd all be running 12's stock. Assuming the 10 bolt held up
Old 08-01-2004, 01:30 AM
12 Second Club

anyoine agree bout my more shapely door?...and reduce the size of the back side windows
Old 08-01-2004, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
anyoine agree bout my more shapely door?...and reduce the size of the back side windows
Style wise I don't think those are a problem but I will say that the small doors make it a chore to get into a very spacious backseat. A huge complaint about our f bodies is the size and weight of our doors. As with anything else in life, its a tradeoff. Pick your poison. Smaller, lighter doors are definitely more appealing to a certain segment of our population..
Old 08-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Teching In

thought id post these pics here as well - autox with scoops (p-shoped)

Old 08-01-2004, 11:02 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to see them put some agressive wheel flares on it and compete with the M3. I love the look of the M3 with the muscular wheel stantz and think the GTO could compete with it.

I don't know, call me crazy, but look at what they did with the CTS-V race version, put the fender flares on and the car looks like a totally different beast.

I'd love to do the same to my T/A one day. Have a body shope put a nice flare to the wheel arches kind of like the two concept cars that GM was touring around as 2003 F-bodies (the Sunoco Camaro, and the Heritage T/A)

Hopefully they will get their act together. Looks like they are listening to what the f-body crowd is saying.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

See the two holes in the grill in the top pic a few posts up? They should make the hood scoops right at the bottom, and move the holes up in the grill and line them up and look sorta like a ws6 trans am. That would be pretty mean looking, imo.

I must say though, the car is growing on me.. it does have a very simple and plain appearance, but with some torque thrust ii's, fikses, and one of those packages I think it would look downright nasty. Wheels do alot for a car.

Peace,
Josh
Old 08-01-2004, 09:33 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by distortion_69
See the two holes in the grill in the top pic a few posts up? They should make the hood scoops right at the bottom, and move the holes up in the grill and line them up and look sorta like a ws6 trans am. That would be pretty mean looking, imo.
I thought the same exact thing after seeing that photoshop pic.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by onyxxtreme
theres some kinda ram air hood already selling thru the dealers
Was it this hood by chance?

This particular 04 only has a different hood and wheels, and it looks fantastic.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Looks like they are listening to what the f-body crowd is saying.
Hopefully not all of what you're saying.

Afterall, this isn't an F-body, and it's not an F-body replacement for F-body customers. I'm a new customer to Pontiac because of this car, where the Trans Am didn't impress me with it's overall shabbiness and thoughtless design, the GTO has me swooning. It has none of what was wrong with the Trans Am (including the over-the-top looks) and kept what was good - the fairly reasonable price and the monster power.

GTOs have never been like Firebirds, have always looked at home with the rest of the respective Pontiac line, and have been the more practical cars. I would hate to see that ruined because of bitter criticism from people who don't plan on buying one anyways.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TriShield
Was it this hood by chance?

This particular 04 only has a different hood and wheels, and it looks fantastic.

somebody put that hod on the blueish one!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

What is the price going to be? Same as the 04?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Banned

MSRP will probley be just under 35,000. If the dealers are smart and not mark them up they will sell them all for 35k. Hopefully they learned something from the '04. Your not going to see '05s selling for the deal you can get on an '04 though in the next few months.

I don't care what some hillbilly in a 2000 Z28 thinks, 2004 GTO is a great car and its a pity all you "car people" flammed it.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the GTO and the F body guys are not understanding what eachother are sating here. The body guys have already seen this car, infact have seen it since 97 in the form of a Grand Prix. Type in grandprixstore.com and their picture of the week look the same in the front of the GTO.
This is a lack of style on GM's part.
There are some huge differences like the inside and the power, but the style is defentially behind and out dated.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would like to see them with a sunroof, satellite radio, onstar, and maybe a navigation center.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TriShield
I'm a new customer to Pontiac because of this car, where the Trans Am didn't impress me with it's overall shabbiness and thoughtless design... It has none of what was wrong with the Trans Am (including the over-the-top looks)

Hey...watch your mouth

I happen to LOVE the look of the last gen WS.6 and I think that many feel the same way. I can't tell you how many looks and "ooohs and aaahs" I get every time I take mine on the road. I have NEVER gotten this in the previous 5 cars I've owned.

However, I agree with you that the GTO should not be this bold. I like the understated design of the car, although it could use some fender flares, grill work, and a different wheel (like the pic above, but with the recessed grill). That still does not mean there isn't a place for the bold and daring style of the WS6 Trans Am, and there's no reason to bash it...
Old 08-02-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

With the introduction of the LS2 in the same model year it is introduced in the C6 Corvette - You better believe this car is gonna be hot and getting one at MSRP in the first 6 months is gonna be the good deal! Just hope they take my GMS coupon towards the car!

Quick Reply: 2005 LS2 GTO Dyno Results & Photo