Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Sponser LS2 Intake Package Conversion Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Intake Conversion Package Ideas?

I know the intakes aren't floating around readily available yet, but after reading quite a few of the posts concerning fitting a LS2 intake with the 90mm TB on an LS1 motor, are there any sponsers currently considering putting together a package to simplify this mod? Between the different fuel rails, different sized injectors, the wiring mods needed for the drive-by-wire 90mm tb(unless you get the FAST 90mm unit), this would be package-worthy. Especially since the price difference between the LS2 intake and the FAST intake is, um, like $500?

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 08-16-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was thinking about this also, I would definally buy this package in a year or so when it comes time for me to get a new intake.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nobody else knows anything? Not even speculation? Damn.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

How are you going to run the fly-by-wire TB on an fbody, the wiring mods are to run it on a c5?
Old 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

doh......i'm retarded

so i guess its a fast tb and an ls2 intake for us f-body ppl huh?

i suppose its less of an issue then, its just the mods to make the fuel rails work, as well as the injectors. whats the deal with those? anybody know what actually needs to be done, not just "well you need a bigger o-ring" but "you need an o-ring 3 sizes bigger, and you need to space the fuel rails in these 4 exact spots" et cetera.....just tryin to see what this would entail.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cfi_luz
How are you going to run the fly-by-wire TB on an fbody, the wiring mods are to run it on a c5?
I read that the LS2 incarnation in the 2005 GTO will not be fly-by-wire, so what's wrong with using that throttle body?
Old 08-19-2004, 05:43 PM
SIR
Launching!

yeah I would be interested in a kit like that.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

instead of messing with the injectors and rail, why not just change the injector harness connectors to that of ls2 style.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

the gto incarnation will be a good option for us f-body folks when they do come out, but for the time being its FAST or bust i guess(tb-wise anyhow, i'm not so keen on tpis anyways). time will tell. and yes, there has been talk of just switching over completely to an ls2 style fuel system instead of trying to rig it to work w/ls1 injectors, by splicing the fuel line and hooking up the ls2 system, supposedly its pretty close to stock connection.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default 2 questions

Is the '05 GTO TB available for sale yet? Any idea on what prices might be?

What about modifying a stock TB- what is the largest they can go?

Thanks
Ben

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
the gto incarnation will be a good option for us f-body folks when they do come out, but for the time being its FAST or bust i guess(tb-wise anyhow, i'm not so keen on tpis anyways). time will tell. and yes, there has been talk of just switching over completely to an ls2 style fuel system instead of trying to rig it to work w/ls1 injectors, by splicing the fuel line and hooking up the ls2 system, supposedly its pretty close to stock connection.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LS2 90mm Throttle Body

Hi guys,

I picked up on this forum out of interest and market research. Right now, the company that I work for is in the development stage of a LS_ cylinder head that upon its introduction at SEMA will be the best head available. A lot of time and logic has gone into the research and development effort of this cylinder head, as Edelbrock has partnered with Lingenfelter Performance to incorporate their extensive backgorund and real world testing into the design, performance and quality of this piece. Now that the cat is out of the bag, you may just want to hold onto your cylinder head cash until you take a hard look at the Edelbrock / Lingenfelter cylinder head...it's going to be worth the wait.

Another one of our projects on the wishlist happens to be a series of LS_ throttle body. Now obviously, we are looking at the 90mm to mate with the LS2 manifold and would be able to bring to market a high-quality throttle body that won't damage your wallet too much. Please feel free to provide any feedback that I can share with R&D in the development of this and any other LS_ items that a company like Edelbrock can build to offer you what you need.

Thank you,
Jason Snyder.
Edelbrock Corp.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:35 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As for TB's I think everything including the GTO will be drive by wire at thiis point, but since the motor is supposed to be in the truck, the SSR, and the GTO/Monaro, I will check with some folks that already have seen them in testing down under.

Interested to see what y'all do with heads. Just keep port size down and velocity up.

As for the TB, several folks make 90MM TB. You may wish to look ath the list on the Corvette forum, and here, etc... to see this list of issues folks have dealt with. Another thing you may want to do is look closely at the shape of the 90MM inlet on the stock GM TB. I think GM spent some time getting that right, and I think some of the other TB's have missed that and thus have some airflow issues.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by J-Rod
As for TB's I think everything including the GTO will be drive by wire at thiis point

You may wish to look at the list on the Corvette forum, and here, etc... to see this list of issues folks have dealt with.

definitely don't want to be another FAST and sell $450 tb's that have to be fiddled with for hours to get to fit, or be messed with so that it closes correctly, or so that the damn throttle blade even functions right. for $450 it should come ready to bolt on, not require a trip to a machine shop or 4 hours of your time.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Banned

The 05 GTO is fly-by-wire

The FAST TB will bolt to an LS1 manifold

The manifold, tb, and our rails and install kit should work on any LS1 f-body
Old 08-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

OK just a fyi we are currently working on a plug n play wiring conversion a friend of mine owns a automotive cable assembly shop www.speedscenewiring.com and my car is going to be the tester for the harness and tuning.It is about 6-10 weeks out
Old 08-25-2004, 09:17 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
I know the intakes aren't floating around readily available yet, but after reading quite a few of the posts concerning fitting a LS2 intake with the 90mm TB on an LS1 motor, are there any sponsers currently considering putting together a package to simplify this mod? Between the different fuel rails, different sized injectors, the wiring mods needed for the drive-by-wire 90mm tb(unless you get the FAST 90mm unit), this would be package-worthy. Especially since the price difference between the LS2 intake and the FAST intake is, um, like $500?
As soon as we can get our hands on an intake we will be working on a kit that will include everthing you will need to bolt an LS2 intake to an LS1/LS6. as soon as I get more info I will post with pricing!!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KJ@SDPC
As soon as we can get our hands on an intake we will be working on a kit that will include everthing you will need to bolt an LS2 intake to an LS1/LS6. as soon as I get more info I will post with pricing!!

now thats what i've been wantin to hear!!! badass.

btw, has anyone done a comparison dyno for the ls2 intake yet? did a quick search and didn't come up with exactly what i was lookin for.

Quick Reply: Sponser LS2 Intake Package Conversion Ideas?