Old 11-04-2005, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MARKSZ71
who the hell cares what it gets lol
Old 11-04-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think its a perfectly legit question. Not only does the fuel mileage serve as bragging rights for GM but it also shows the public that a manufacturer is capable of making a high end performance vehicle that actually beats the gas guzzle tax. Look at the ford GT or ANY ferrari/porsche for that matter. They don't even break past 15mpg on the highway.

This zo6 shows environmentalists that gm has done their homework and that we are on the right track with things like DOD on these V8s. Just because it didn't work in the 80s doesn't mean it won't work now, especially considering the technology we have, hell cars were still runnin carbs during then.

Like the others have said, if you don't give a damn then find another thread. To be honest I'd love to know how much mileage I'd get if I'm gonna take a roadtrip in a zo6, knowing how far I can go on a tank. Makes sense doesn't it?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Launching!

I'm on board for the 'who gives a ****' train. If I'm looking to by a Z06, money isn't that big of a deal...at least not enough to worry about a couple bucks a gallon. Never heard of anyone actually buying one of these cars that could claim, "...and best of all, it gets XX mpg".

What are the chances someone who buys one of these cars is going drive is in a way that they could validate what the manufacturer's claim? Hell, I've owned my SS since '01 and still don't know (or care)
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If nothing else it shows that gas mileage and displacement are not as closely related as most people think. And for all the people on the "who gives a ****" train, i'm sure if you actually owned a new z06 you'd be happy it gets 18/28 even if that wasn't a factor in buying it.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's the "who gives a ****" attitude that helps perpetuate the belief that big engines are inherently "bad," which then results in stupid laws like CA emissions that don't make sense with modern technology.

It's also ridiculous to assume that just because someone has bought a car like that, that they are "loaded with money" and don't have to worry about fuel costs. The only reason I could afford the engine in my car is due to a worker's comp settlement on a permanent disability to my knee........ doesn't mean I'm rich enough to ignore what kind of mileage I'm going to get, so I DEFINITELY care. I'm sure there are plenty of others that may have gotten or will find a way to get their dream car, but are still just a middle classed income afterwards that WILL have to worry about being able to afford to take that dream car on a Sunday cruise.

If you don't care, then who cares what YOU think? And why did you click on a thread that is obvously about something you don't care about. As we were all taught back in Kindergarten, "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all."
Old 11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 89FormulaLS2
It's the "who gives a ****" attitude that helps perpetuate the belief that big engines are inherently "bad," which then results in stupid laws like CA emissions that don't make sense with modern technology.

It's also ridiculous to assume that just because someone has bought a car like that, that they are "loaded with money" and don't have to worry about fuel costs. The only reason I could afford the engine in my car is due to a worker's comp settlement on a permanent disability to my knee........ doesn't mean I'm rich enough to ignore what kind of mileage I'm going to get, so I DEFINITELY care. I'm sure there are plenty of others that may have gotten or will find a way to get their dream car, but are still just a middle classed income afterwards that WILL have to worry about being able to afford to take that dream car on a Sunday cruise.

If you don't care, then who cares what YOU think? And why did you click on a thread that is obvously about something you don't care about. As we were all taught back in Kindergarten, "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all."

Well said..on top of that if you keep track of your fuel mileage you know how efficient your engine is preforming..if your MPG changes it is time to take a look at you engine and find out what is wrong...just like reading your plugs...the engine will give you the answers if you monitor its behavior...that is why I keep track what kind of MPG I get..it is not about affording gas it is about monitoring my engines behavior...

Quick Reply: 06 Zo6 Gas Mileage?