Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Who here plans to get the C6 Z when it's realeased?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who here plans to get the C6 Z when it's realeased?

I was just wondering how many of you out there plan on actually getting the car instead of jsut trying to get the engine. If so, how much do you plan on modding it?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am getting one when the 2007 come out next fall...thought I would let some of the bugs get worked out and the feeding frenzy should abate by then so I can get a good buy. I did that with my 2002 and it worked well. I plan on port matching intake, cam, headers, and replacing those stupid mufflers which have to be heavy. Maybe later changing to forged pistons...although I think the car is going to be sick fast with the basic mods I listed and as I road race more than drag it should be fine.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

I'll be getting the 07 version since I don't believe in getting first year production cars. I'll be putting a deposit down sometime next year! It seems like a long time away now, but I have waited this long already. I probably won't mod it, and if I do, it will be very basic mods (intake, exhaust, appearance). I won't be racing it at all.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:39 PM
FormerVendor

I getting one in a couple months. What bugs? The bugs are getting worked out in the 05'! Bigger tires, bigger brakes, light weight parts, motor from hell what bugs???

I don't think I could wait another year!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

I'm hoping to get one this time next year or the year after depending on demand. The biggest hurdle will be my current C6. My wife is in love with the thing, so I'm not sure she'll let me trade up!

The C6 coupe with the removable roof and an LS7 under the hood is looking pretty good too. Not as good on the track, but a better touring/road-trip car.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default New Z06

If you guys or anyone else gets in the market give me a call. We sell 50 new Corvettes a month. I can get the car in a timely manner. I run the internet dept. at the number three Corvette store in the country. I'll be happy to help you when the time comes. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Who here plans to get the C6 Z when it's realeased?