Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2006 or 2007 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitten
Guys I have a video of Scott Settlemire Confirming that it will be back within the next 3 years and to keep the faith...would anyone like to see it? He announced it at the Dick Harrell unveiling this year at GMMG.

If ya'll are interested in seeing it or someone can host it let me know who I need to send it to.
This is the video you are talking about.

http://video.ls1tech.com/Player.aspx...m=new%20camaro
Old 06-21-2005, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by USMC Devil Dog
The earliest you will see a "Camaro" would be 2009. The GM brass has halted the Zeta (SP) platform for US production.
zeta had nothing to do with the camaro.

Annoucement is coming soon.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FairwayGreenVette

no video on that link
Old 06-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Launching!

It appears that the video was copy righted or somehting to that effect.

Offer still stands if someone gets interested and wants to host it.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Whitten you would know a little more about it if you had attended G9 with us! The birmingham group talked to Scott for hours about it.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

It appears that the video was copy righted or somehting to that effect.

Offer still stands if someone gets interested and wants to host it.

I guess they pulled the video at the request of the copyright holder. I saw it a few times before it got deleted. If you have a different video (one that you took), then you can host it here. http://video.ls1tech.com/ . If it's the same exact video, I think they will pull it though.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Seriously, who needs a camaro when you can get a Malibu SS

Old 06-21-2005, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

By the time I graduate college my '95 bird will need to be replaced with a more newer or new car. If GM doesnt get a f-body made within the next 6 or 7 years imma have to become a mustang fan and i dont want to have to switch sides to ford. The Corvette is out of price range and the GTO's and latest f-bodys will be used up or out of date by then. GM please wake up!
Old 06-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Banned

I'll never buy another ford product just because they stopped making f-bods. keep faith.

Nate
Old 06-21-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Ford is selling north of 18,000 Mustangs a month (eighteen thousand!). They could sell more if they could bump GT production.

Chrysler is selling all the Hemis they can make - running their Mexico plant 24/7. Hemi is sold at a $5000 premium (it doesn't cost more to make than an off-the-shelf run-of-the-mill motor). Much of their $1 Billion dollar qtr profit was due to Hemi sales.

I doubt GM is ignoring these facts.
They'll be lucky if they sell 13,000 GTOs this year.
They need the cashflow.......a Camaro/Firebird?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I guess they pulled the video at the request of the copyright holder. I saw it a few times before it got deleted. If you have a different video (one that you took), then you can host it here. http://video.ls1tech.com/ . If it's the same exact video, I think they will pull it though.

I think that you are throwing Scott, our F Body Godfather, under the bus..why not leave it lay man...he had converstions with folks that were never supposed to be on here..the info he passed on to me he asked not get on the internet..why do you think that it got pulled..be cool..the car is going to come..be patient
Old 06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Bink
Ford is selling north of 18,000 Mustangs a month (eighteen thousand!). They could sell more if they could bump GT production.

Chrysler is selling all the Hemis they can make - running their Mexico plant 24/7. Hemi is sold at a $5000 premium (it doesn't cost more to make than an off-the-shelf run-of-the-mill motor). Much of their $1 Billion dollar qtr profit was due to Hemi sales.

BTW thanks for the info because I have to do a graduation project to graduate high school (its a requirement) and my grad teacher recommended doing the research paper on car sales etc. and the debt GM is in. This is a great point to introduce in teh paper!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't hold your breath on it. Scott just said that **** to keep the people there happy. I'll beleive when I see it, untill then it's just useless talk
Old 06-21-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
BTW thanks for the info because I have to do a graduation project to graduate high school (its a requirement) and my grad teacher recommended doing the research paper on car sales etc. and the debt GM is in. This is a great point to introduce in teh paper!
Ford info -> Wall Street Journal - last week.

Hemi info -> Wall Street Journal , same article(s)? Also Forbes Magazine-current issue (Maria Sharpova, tennis/Wimbledom on the cover)

GTO info - Wall Street Journal- Last Thursday or Friday.

Good Luck on the Paper.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bink
'Lucky if' is not the correct way to describe the GTO situation. The 2005 model year is all but sold out, I don't know the exact numbers however.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

my pop is a chevy dealer he has talked to some guys at chevy that say they are trying to decide on a retro look or a somnthing new thats is all we know.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Checkmate
'Lucky if' is not the correct way to describe the GTO situation. The 2005 model year is all but sold out, I don't know the exact numbers however.

The problem with the GTO is that is a uninspiring looking car..Grand Prix front end Honda Accord back end on it and extremely over weight...it does have a nice interior but not a very exciting car IMHO...saw a few of them at the track a few weeks ago running neck and neck with the new rustangs in the mid 14's.. hopefully GM will redesign the car and build us a real muscle car with some exciting looks in the future...GM figured that they could slap a GTO decal on something and people would fall all over themselves rushing to buy it..what a joke..
Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Well out of respect to Scott, and to everyone else I am not going to try and rehost. I don't want to step on any toes and besides we know what the gist of the vid is...Scott says have faith and all his people said " Amen".
I don't want to make things difficult for anyone and since I know how hush hush this is I will keep my mouth shut so others don't get introuble.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by m_donze
Whitten you would know a little more about it if you had attended G9 with us! The birmingham group talked to Scott for hours about it.
I would have loved to been there. I was there at G8 and also at the Unveiling. I met Val, and her mom as well as James, Roy and the whole bunch. It was alot of fun..I am just sorry that I missed it this year.

My buddy David with the Yellow ZL-1 wanted to go but I don't think he got there either. PM me some time it would be fun to have everyone get togther next time we are up that way or maybe we can get some racing going on down here at Auburn.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would have loved to been there. I was there at G8 and also at the Unveiling. I met Val, and her mom as well as James, Roy and the whole bunch. It was alot of fun..I am just sorry that I missed it this year.

My buddy David with the Yellow ZL-1 wanted to go but I don't think he got there either. PM me some time it would be fun to have everyone get togther next time we are up that way or maybe we can get some racing going on down here at Auburn.

A wise decision... if ya wanna come up to the ATL just let me know and we'll get a group together for some food , spirits and fun..

Quick Reply: 2006 or 2007 Camaro