Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Texas Speed 402cid LS2 Short Block Special!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the LS6 Intake fit ok? What about heads? LQ9 for compression drop? I have a GT-7 in my LS-1... same cam for the LS-2 correct? Iron block? If not is Iron Block an option?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
I think that would be very reasonable. How much above 500 RWHP you want to go just depends on how much cam and compression you'd like to put up with.

Feel free to give us a call or shoot me an e-mail at trevor@texas-speed.com if you have any specific questions or concerns. I'll be more than happy to put a complete estimate together for you so you can know exactly how much you'd be looking at.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
PM Me the details for package installed and tuned, w/ AFR's. Not looking to go FI, just N/A, but 500+rwhp would be nice through my A4.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

baloga - I could certainly build one for the higher RPM's that you're looking for. It will take an aggressive setup to get to your goal, but it is achievable. Send me your e-mail address, and I will put together a complete long-block for you.

longrange4u - Everything will carry over with no problems whatsoever. We could build you a PRC stage 3 6.0L head and pair it up with one of the dished pistons to keep your compression ratio low. The last 6.0L cylinder heads we finished were flowing 260 cfm at .400" lift and 318 cfm at .600" lift!

tru_ice - I will go ahead and put a complete estimate together for you. If you send me your e-mail address, I can attach an itemized estimate to send back to you so you can see exactly what you are getting, what it is costing you, etc.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions!

Trevor
Old 10-18-2005, 06:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I wanted to let everyone know that we also have specials running on 402-408 cid iron-blocks. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail at trevor@texas-speed.com, and I will be happy to e-mail you back with a complete, itemized estimate.

Trevor
Old 10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Trevor you have mail.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
FormerVendor

We have a 402 LS2 shortblock assembled and ready to go! PM me for details if anybody is interested!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

All e-mails and PM's have been answered. Let me know if anyone has any other questions. We are working hard to try and keep a few of the short-blocks in stock and ready to ship. However, we've had a great response, so it can be difficult sometimes! We do have one in stock and ready to ship with an Eagle crank, Scat H-beam connecting rods, and Diamond flat-top pistons with -2cc reliefs. It can be bought as is for $3800, or we can build a long-block to suit your needs! Let us know what you're looking for, and we can get you taken care of!

Trevor
Old 10-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance
You'd have about 6600 with the 225 heads, cam & Cometic head gaskets.

Jonny - The $6600 that Jason quoted was just for the short-block and the basic parts. This was not assembled with everything that you'll need. I can certainly work up a complete estimate for you with all necessary gaskets, bolts, etc. Just let me know what your e-mail address is, and I will have an estimate to you tomorrow morning.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Trevor
wich is it, a short block or long block with the 225's for the $6600?

Yes, I'm asking because I'm looking for a motor. What would be included?
Old 10-31-2005, 03:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow Trevor, Thats a great price.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Red Baron

wich is it, a short block or long block with the 225's for the $6600?

Yes, I'm asking because I'm looking for a motor. What would be included?
I apologize for the confusion. As stated, the $6,600 price was the short-block with the purchase of the AFR 225cc heads, camshaft, and pushrods. Jason had a few e-mails regarding the purchase of a short-block including the 225's, camshaft, and pushrods but not assembled as a long-block. Some customers want to assemble their own long-block. If you are needing a to-your-door price with everything you need including all necessary bolts, gaskets, etc., I can have an estimate to you quickly. Let me know the zip code it would ship to, if it is a business or a residence, and whether or not a lift gate will be required to get the engine off of the truck, and I will have the shipping price included.

Trevor
Old 11-04-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

All e-mails and PM's have been answered. Let me know if anyone has any other questions. We are working hard to try and keep a few of the short-blocks in stock and ready to ship. However, we've had a great response, so it can be difficult sometimes! We do have one in stock and ready to ship with an Eagle crank, Scat H-beam connecting rods, and Diamond flat-top pistons with -2cc reliefs. It can be bought as is for $3800, or we can build a long-block to suit your needs! Let us know what you're looking for, and we can get you taken care of!

Trevor
Do you still have the LS2 402 for $3800 or has it been sold? What rod bolts and main bolts are used on this motor? What else is included with this short block?
Old 11-07-2005, 07:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

2ktransam - I have another one that we just finished building that is unclaimed. It has the Diamond Racing -2cc 4.005" bore flat-top pistons, Scat H-beam connecting rods with the standard ARP rod bolts, and GM main bolts. It also comes with the LS2 front cover, cam sensor, rear cover, valley cover, and lifter trays. Let me know if you are needing any other parts or bolts and gaskets with it, and I can send you pricing on everything.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Trevor
Old 11-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Launching!

2ktransam - I have another one that we just finished building that is unclaimed. It has the Diamond Racing -2cc 4.005" bore flat-top pistons, Scat H-beam connecting rods with the standard ARP rod bolts, and GM main bolts. It also comes with the LS2 front cover, cam sensor, rear cover, valley cover, and lifter trays. Let me know if you are needing any other parts or bolts and gaskets with it, and I can send you pricing on everything.

Trevor
Sent Pm
Old 11-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Teching In

PM sent to Jason :thumbs:
Old 11-30-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Texas-Speed,

I have a LS1 block already, can you shoot me a price for a 'budget' built 383?
I have all the covers etc, have a cam, would only need you guys to assemble and of course source the parts. I also have 5.3 heads so Id need something to keep compression streetable.
Thanks,
Ed
Firebird455@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Teching In

I have CNC Inc 5.3L Ported heads that are new. Could I used these on a LS2 402 stroker and achieve 500 HP and 500 foot pounds?
I imagine the reduced CC's in the chamber with these heads on a stroker would not be a good combination but I could be wrong.
The highest compression I would want is 11:1.
If so, what is the mildest cam I could use if these heads flow 300 cfm @ .600" lift with a LS2 stroker and still achieve 500HP/500ft-lbs?
I'm currently using a 180 shot with the NXL kit, would this create a problem for longetivity on a stroker?
Oh and Zack, tell Matt Alex FINALLY got his BLUE Camaro out and is actually driving it. Just needs to work the bugs out.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
9 Second Club

We installed one of these TSP LS2 402' blocks in a vette here in SA and it was nice. Bad part about it is low oil pressure. So we havent had time to see what kind of power it is going to make when we reslove this oil pressure issue. Im going to say over 500 to the wheels But Im my head trying to reslove this oil issue. Replaced the oil pump with the TSP ported,new plugs and checked the pickup tube. Im sure we will get it resloved and some dyno #'s
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Trevor
I pm'd you about your 402
Old 12-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Teching In

fantastic deal
Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Up Up!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com

Quick Reply: Texas Speed 402cid LS2 Short Block Special!!