Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Will LS2 intake/other parts fit on LS1 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will LS2 intake/other parts fit on LS1 engine?

I'd like to get an LS6 intake for my car, but I've seen from some vendors that say LS2 intakes will fit as well. I didn't want to drop a couple hundred bucks and be wrong. What about things like heads/cam...etc? They're different sized engines, this is why I'm asking the questions. Thanks for the input!

Also, when I get an LS6 intake or LS2 intake...does it just bolt directly on and I hook existing lines/etc up to it, just like the one that is on there now? What exactly is involved in installing the intake other than taking the current one off and putting the new one on? I'm not to tech saavy so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LS6 intake is supposedly more efficient than the LS2 anyway.... that's something you may want to consider...

LS2 intake is 90mm IIRC, but still less efficient than the ls6 intake, if you really want to do it right as far as the intake goes, look into a F.A.S.T. Intake manifold and tb.

Unfortunately "doing it right" usually means alotta green...
Old 08-27-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
I'd like to get an LS6 intake for my car, but I've seen from some vendors that say LS2 intakes will fit as well. I didn't want to drop a couple hundred bucks and be wrong. What about things like heads/cam...etc? They're different sized engines, this is why I'm asking the questions. Thanks for the input!

Also, when I get an LS6 intake or LS2 intake...does it just bolt directly on and I hook existing lines/etc up to it, just like the one that is on there now? What exactly is involved in installing the intake other than taking the current one off and putting the new one on? I'm not to tech saavy so any help would be greatly appreciated!
The LS2 heads are 243 casting LS6 heads... so no problem there. I don't remember on the cam... I think they are the same as far as bearing journals and cam sprocket mount. As far as cam specs are concerned... I'd look at aftermarket cams before trying to install an LS2 cam...

The LS2 intake will fit on the LS1/LS6 motors no problem. I believe you must also use an LS2 fuel rail. The LS2 came with altogether different injectors... and they are shorter. To get around this you need to make 0.300" spacers for the fuel rail to sit on when mounting it to the intake. You'll also need an LS2 injector o-ring kit in order for the older longer injectors to seal properly. The MAP sensor is relocated to the front... so, you'll need to extend your MAP harness. The throttle body mounting is completely different on the LS2 intake. Therefore you'll either need to buy a 90MM throttle body from FAST (assuming cable op) or you'll need to come up with an adaptor...

So, ya it fits... with a little

Bill
Old 08-30-2005, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

From what i understand teh LS2 intake sux. Check this thread out:https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/369331-c6-w-stock-exhaust-406rwhp.html
Most everyone in there voices thier opinion on teh intake. There seems to be no reason to use it. They are changin to the LS6 intake it is that bad.
As much as the FAST stuff is real nice and make more power it is alot of money for it. Id rather put that into sometign different. GL man

John
Old 08-30-2005, 07:00 AM
On The Tree

Can you use the LS2 fuel rail/injectors on the LS6 intake? What else is needed to swap the LS6 intake onto the LS2 engine?

Thanks
Nick
'88SS
Old 09-01-2005, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Id go with the LS6 intake over the LS2 because of better flow, Compliment the bigger bore with a bigger cam Texas-Speed has a good selection of custom grinds.

Quick Reply: Will LS2 intake/other parts fit on LS1 engine?