Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

I have a Blown 6.0 engine sittin around. What can I use?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question I have a Blown 6.0 engine sittin around. What can I use?

This is an LQ9 Engine out of a 2500 truck that was blown up. I dont know the extent of the damage as of now, but I know I can have anything off the engine except the throttle body(re-used) FREE. From just looking at it with minimal parts taken off, the pistons are in a bunch of pieces. Probably over heated, or oil issues. Anyway.. I am looking to keep the heads, and selling the intake. What else is of value here? I suppose it would depend on the damage, in that case, what is important to look for/ what should i do with this engine? I think i am gonna have to rip it apart and check myself. I would be up for selling/ giving some parts away for help. Thanks guys.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well if the block aint f'd tehn that is worth a couple bucks. As is the crank, heads, coil packs. The rods are garbage from the factory so nothign there. Pistons ya said are screwed, they are junk neway. Im not sure if you can get the manifolds but they are good also. That is really all there is in teh engine. The oil pump is screwed for sure. Adn anyone that uses a used one froem another car in thier own car deserves to be slapped neway. GL with it man. If you can salvage the heads crank adn block you got a good base for a strong engine. The heads on them are good for FI. And the cranks are good for 1k rwhp. GL

John
Old 09-06-2005, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

u could make a table outta it.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001ws6ramair
u could make a table outta it.
I 2nd that
Old 09-09-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

I think i mis-understood some tech aspects. I do believe it is an LQ4, not an LQ9.. I thought the LQ9 was the standard 6.0 engine. Therefore, what the hell can the LS1 use from the LQ4? Heard these heads suck? I think i am just scrapping the engine.. Does anyone take Bunked up heads just to re-melt? Would they be any good to Elliot Portworks? I could ask, but it may be a dumb question, you guys know your ****.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

The LQ4s had both iron and aluminum heads so you need to determine which you have. The aluminum heads are the same as the LQ9. Most portwork companies won't buy your heads from you and if they do you won't get what you want for them. They're in the business of doing business. They normally buy new castings from the factory or people bring used heads in to have them ported for themselves. You'd be better off just selling them on here.

Quick Reply: I have a Blown 6.0 engine sittin around. What can I use?