Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Just saw a ZO6 in a Showroom.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Both driver's knew what they were doing...the Z06 put down 455RWHP on the dyno with 545 miles on it..the story is true no BS involved...
Was it an SRT-10? Gen II Viper?

Thanks for the info. 8-10 cars is kinda hard to believe, but when i think back to the tests that MT got from 0-150, it becomes more believable.

170 mph? Damn, they must have tapped into 5th gear.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

It really does not matter how fast the ZO6 is. It will depreciate quickly. Remember the "King of the HIll" ZR-1? I think I saw a nice one in the paper the other day for $18K. It all about being exclusive. The Gen 2 Vipers will hold their values. They are the true Shelby Cobras of today.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have driven 2 different GTS vipers with headers/exhaust/TB's
They **** and get!
Viper interior's look like a dodge neon, but I got nothing but people staring at me.
But in NO WAY do they or the '04+ SRT-10's look better than a C6 Z06
Old 10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Look at it from this perspective. What sounds better?

<talking to a gold digging *****>
Hey I drive a new Z06.

or
Hey I drive a new Viper.

And don't give me that whole "oh I won't talk to a shallow girl" bull ****. If the girl is hot, you'll **** her, no matter what you have to say
Old 10-21-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Saw a new Z06 going through town tonight.

Electron Blue. Not sure if it was lowered but that car looks WAY better than the C6. I don't care for the C6, especially in red, looks washed out. Black looks decent but other than that doesn't do much for me.

This car was pretty low, stock wheels, the rear wheel flairs really bring out the car.

Dead silent as it went by.

Before I bought the C5 we thought of a Viper instead, Gen II, not the new Gen III.

Cool car, I've driven quite a few(I work for DCX), but for what we wanted to do with it the Viper didn't meet what we wanted. We can get in our C5, and I've heard the Z06 is just as docile, drive it across country with the AC on nice and comfortable with room for 2 weeks worth of luggage.

To do that in a Viper just isn't practical. Even down to simple things like ingress and egress.

If it was a weekend warrior and not a DD I'd take a Viper. I can take the C5 to Home Depot, park it, and walk away. A few people will take a look(lowered, GS wheels, Carrvagio rear fascia), and they'll walk away. I've taken a Viper anywhere and its people all over the car.

I grew tired of answering questions about a car along time ago, I wanna get in it and drive
Old 10-21-2005, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

If you look around, the new Z's can be bought for MSRP or close to it. Patience will be the key in getting a good price. Those who want to pay an arm and a leg to have the first ones are dumb...........unless they have the money to throw away. I sure as hell don't.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

My wifes uncle had one of the early Vipers and sold it he apparently didn't do too well as far as what he got for it 'cause he won't admit what he sold it for (not usual for him 'cause he's usually the first to tell you about money) and btw he bought a C6. This guy knows a decent amount about cars too he's had some hot vehicles over the years.

Quick Reply: Just saw a ZO6 in a Showroom.