Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 SS Trailblazer Dyno Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS24U
Might want to consider Cadillac SRX, more luxury and refinement if your budget allows another 7K.
Yeah, she didnt dig that, though ... she hasnt had a new vehicle since '92, so I told her she could have anything she wanted ... she was pretty set on the TB, so I worked with what I had to work with.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

The trailblazer is bad *** I only wish I could afford it .
Old 12-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Teching In

I love this truck. i saw a pic of one that was black with black powdercoated wheels and dark window tinting and it was incredible. such a sleeper look. i would deffinatley go with the AWD. after owning a 93 Typhoon i am sold on AWD. the only dissadvantage is the weight of the AWD. I know that alot of guys in the Syclone and Typhoon world swapped to 2WD because the AWD was holding them back from running faster times at the track. but on the street AWD is the way to go. imagine putting heads/cam, turbo and exhaust and some drag radials on all four corners. that would be one sick suv
Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Banned

Drag radials for all four on the streets wouldn't handle too good would it?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Went and picked up my TB SS last night ... it is definitely a nice ride and my wife is already VERY protective of it. I have taken some pics, but it was raining constantly last night and it still has alot of the plastic on it. We will detail it later today ... I didnt want it at the dealership any longer than possible for people to "test drive".

It is 2WD, but it hooks up very nicely ... little wheelspin at all, even with the TC off. The frame is set up for the AWD, with mounting points for the front differential, along with the pass thru tube for the front axles in the oil pan ... just bolt on the parts. The published weight difference between the AWD and 2WD is only about 300 lbs, so it is not too bad. The other interesting thing is that the rear axle (9.5") also appears to be a 14 bolt, like what is in my HD pickup. The old 454SS truck also came with a 14 bolt in it, so I am not really surprised.

The wife is not gonna let a whole lot be done to it, so I am thinking of switching to synthetics and a K&N filter. I will have to see about getting a HPtuners setup and that is probably all. If anyone has any other suggestions that dont involve doing anything to the motor than that, please feel free ... just as long as it doesnt involve even cracking into the valve covers.

Overall, a really nice vehicle with very nice handling and manners ... just what the wife needed.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just test drove a black one this afternoon and I am sold. Pulls hard, went through the snow (AWD) with no issues. Tons of extra gadgets. With GMS and all the rebates got it down to just above 30g's. Lease was at 390. Next one coming in is going to be silver, I am going to have a hard time not getting it.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Ive wanted one since I found out they were making one. But damn it, I bought a 2004 GTO in Oct of 04....didnt find out about the Trailblazer till months after. Living in Colorado I would have gotten the TB. (already have a GMC Yukon) BUT I have always loved Typhoons and this is just a souped up Typhoon.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Teching In

It's also available in Red Jewel Tintcoat.In Canada anyways
Old 12-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLUBYU
On a $40,000 one. My lease was going to be 315.00 for four years!
What conditions would that entail? If I could snag one up for that price I'm going to look for one tomorrow!

Also guys that have the power to look them up, please tell me what SS's are available near me. Zip code is 43558. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Juiced2000ss
I just test drove a black one this afternoon and I am sold. Pulls hard, went through the snow (AWD) with no issues. Tons of extra gadgets. With GMS and all the rebates got it down to just above 30g's. Lease was at 390.
What were the terms and conditions and DP on this one?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sent ya the PM. found a couple 2WD close to you (30/60 miles away) I have a black 4WD incoming to my west bend location that I might be able to ******. don't know exact arrival date though. my zip is 53227 and i'm about 15-20 miles away from Kenosha.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Slow, I'm going to see if I can get a VIN # from my dealer today, any way you can track it?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

How are you guys locating them? I'd like to test drive one. Houston 77044 zip
Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Naked AV

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
How are you guys locating them? I'd like to test drive one. Houston 77044 zip
Go to GM Buy Power and plug in the vehicle with your zip. You can also try surrounding zip codes because they only bring up the top 5. If you know someone with access to a GM computer they can do a better search (within 100 or 500 miles, etc).
Old 12-16-2005, 01:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

You can't select the SS or build an SS on that site. Kind of sucks!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
You can't select the SS or build an SS on that site. Kind of sucks!
Yeah it really blows! The only way to search (which is painstakingly long) is to pretty much search for EVERY SINGLE Trailblazer. When you put in the options and stuff you are looking for normally when it lists a dealers inventory just click on "Show all Trailblazers for this dealership." It will then bring up every model and the only way to distinguish the SS is the fact that it lists the engine. It says the good old "Engine 6.0L whatever". I spent almost two hours last night going through damn near every zip code and every single dealership within a 100 miles of me trying to search through to find some. I just got fed up and gave up, guess I'll try again tonight..it is a really tedious process, I wish GM would fix this! Normally you want to make it as easy as possible for a customer to give YOU money.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Tony...

seriously, the closest one i'm finding to you, for some reason, is 796 miles away, and in a 2WD version. closest 4WD is 314 miles away.

I did offer PSJ that if he wanted to put up a little area for searching for GM vehicles(ANY GM vehicle) that I could look through it and help people find the stuff they are looking for. not looking to actually SELL anything, but considering i'm on the computer most of the day(leads, online auction for the used car side, etc..) i can help out.

Chris
Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sid3ways
Yeah it really blows! The only way to search (which is painstakingly long) is to pretty much search for EVERY SINGLE Trailblazer. When you put in the options and stuff you are looking for normally when it lists a dealers inventory just click on "Show all Trailblazers for this dealership." It will then bring up every model and the only way to distinguish the SS is the fact that it lists the engine. It says the good old "Engine 6.0L whatever". I spent almost two hours last night going through damn near every zip code and every single dealership within a 100 miles of me trying to search through to find some. I just got fed up and gave up, guess I'll try again tonight..it is a really tedious process, I wish GM would fix this! Normally you want to make it as easy as possible for a customer to give YOU money.
yep i put that up in a little post before. think maybe in the other thread in the "automotive news" forum. the reason this is, is because the "SS" is an OPTION, not a package level. The SS option on the Trailblazers isn't like the Malibu Maxx SS, or Cobalt SS, or Monte Carlo SS, etc.. yeah, it's not like EVERY OTHER SS CHEVY MAKES(real smart I know ) So that's why you have a hard time searching. Again, I can find anything in stock at any area and give me a radius you'd be willing to travel. I'll tell you the closest thing to you. If you have a VIN, i can even keep track of what step it is in the delivery process to the dealership.

Chris
Old 12-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
sent ya the PM. found a couple 2WD close to you (30/60 miles away) I have a black 4WD incoming to my west bend location that I might be able to ******. don't know exact arrival date though. my zip is 53227 and i'm about 15-20 miles away from Kenosha.
I got your PM, thanks a bunch man! Not sure if you have the ability but is there any way you could give me a ballpark figure on a lease for one of them or find out if they have any lease specials going on the TB right now? I'd go anywhere from 24-60 months depending on what gives me the lowest payment and I don't mind putting down 1-4k to do it. I'm looking to get around 300 or less. I know that someone said they priced out a 40k model (sticker) and came out to 315 a month on here. Not sure how that worked but if you could PM me more info I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks for your time bud,

Andy
Old 12-16-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tony, I found 4 2wd's in houston, One at Munday Chevrolet 17800 North Freeway, and 2 at Mac Haik Chevrolet 11711 Katy Freeway, and 1 at Champion Chevrolet 8100 S. Hwy 6. Hope that helps
Old 12-17-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98CustomSS
Tony, I found 4 2wd's in houston, One at Munday Chevrolet 17800 North Freeway, and 2 at Mac Haik Chevrolet 11711 Katy Freeway, and 1 at Champion Chevrolet 8100 S. Hwy 6. Hope that helps
Man that's so weird... Doing a search with the zip code, GMDealerworld doesn't bring up ANYTHING.

Quick Reply: LS2 SS Trailblazer Dyno Yet?