Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 Fuel Line Connection

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 Fuel Line Connection

Is the stock fuel line connection the same as previous LSx engines? I would like to use a -6AN supply line. Wish I knew more about LSx engines!

Thanks,
Old 11-29-2005, 08:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Yesss!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by John B
Yesss!
Hey John,

Thanksss! That's good (I guess). Now, how does it connect to -6AN fittings? And, how's the progress?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Now, how does it connect to -6AN fittings?
There are a couple of ways to fo this....either solder on a -6AN fitting onto the end of the fuel rail (I did this on my current LS6 set-up) or get the quick disconnect fitting that mates to the fuel rail and make a braided line with the -6AN fitting on the end of it.
And, how's the progress
Still waiting for a few pieces to show up in the mail and the fab shop.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by John B
There are a couple of ways to fo this....either solder on a -6AN fitting onto the end of the fuel rail (I did this on my current LS6 set-up) or get the quick disconnect fitting that mates to the fuel rail and make a braided line with the -6AN fitting on the end of it.

Still waiting for a few pieces to show up in the mail and the fab shop.
Thanks, John. I didn't know that the quick-disconnect to -6AN was an off-the-shelf item. Summit had them from Russell (3/8" pressure and 5/16" return - both to -6AN) for about $26 for the pair. Luckily, Summit Racing has a big store here in Reno, so I can drive down and pick up just about anything there.

BTW, Russell calls them "Push-On" fittings. They push on, but don't pull off. The special GM tool is required for removal. The Russell adapter part numbers are 640850 (pressure side) and 640860 (return side).

Be sure to keep us posted on that project. It's going to be crazy fun to drive! Not exactly a sleeper because of looks, but you are definitely going to eat somebody's lunch.

Last edited by Builder; 12-01-2005 at 12:07 PM. Reason: PNs
Old 12-21-2005, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Can you give us the part numbers for those items since you purcahsed them recently?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

You can also use the Earls or Russell fittings designed to adapt hard line to -6.
USes a brass ferrule inside the aluminum fitting to clamp clamp down and seal on the factory tubes.
Jeff S
Old 12-21-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pcf_mark
Can you give us the part numbers for those items since you purcahsed them recently?
They are Russell Performance 640850 and 60 (pessure and return).

Here they are:

Old 12-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Builder
how is that Ultima going?
chris
Old 12-22-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cslithergo
Builder
how is that Ultima going?
chris
Hey Chris,

There are no words to describe how anxious I am to start building. The car has been sitting in my garage since the beginning of August. I should have rented some space and started then instead of building a shop in the back yard...

I am waiting to get the garage doors installed, the walls and roof of which we completed on Tuesday. Started moving stuff in yesterday (stuff that nobody would really want). But, I have been accumulating parts.

I have most of the components to put the car together...Quaife LSD, G50/52 transaxle, LS7 engine, tube chassis, fiberglass body, OZ wheels, hubs, Intrax shocks, 13" AP brakes, r&p steering, cooling, electrical, fuel system, Racelogic traction control, car-puter, in-car video, harness with switches and fuses, etc. Still short a fuel/spark computer and engine harness. Got some time before they are needed, though, and there are lots of things in development.

It will be about 6-8 weeks to get electrical into the shop! So, I will be working on an extension cord from the house. Maybe I will get a generator for Christmas?

Short answer: I hope to slam it as soon as the doors go on the shop and will be working every spare hour. Hope the wife pays the bills for the next six months while I live out back with the dogs!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Builder,
It will be worth it in the end. I am just about done restoring my 69 SS RS BB Camaro in a two car garage and would kill for more space. I have my G50/52 Trans and 05 LS2 corvette motor for the Ultima.
Hope all goes well and let me know if you need a few drop cords!
Chris
Old 12-27-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, it will be worth it. Maybe it will add to the value of the house, too. Ha...I will let you know about the drop cords.

Quick Reply: LS7 Fuel Line Connection