Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ETP LS7 4" bore flow numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewman
So are these backordered like everything else? Does the same "8 week" delivery estimate apply?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I have a general question a bit off topic that maybe you could answer.I searched your site at the ls1 heads.I see your intake always flow extremely well...but the exhaust side is lacking much.Especially with that high of an intake flow.Is there a reason for this?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Drewman
So are these backordered like everything else? Does the same "8 week" delivery estimate apply?
You guys at ET are developing some great looking products (this latest offering included), but at some point you might want to consider throttling back the new product development and work on getting some heads to customers.

I'm not trying to flame you guys, but I'm hearing some really bad press from your customers who have been waiting WAY longer than the quoted "8 weeks". I've been on the fence about ordering a set of your new casting heads since they were introduced (~6 months ago) but I've waited to see how they perform and hold up in the real world. Since this time I've only heard of a couple of heads being delivered which GREATLY concerns me. As it stands now I will not place an order with you guys (or from anyone else) unless I know I'll have the heads in <1 month. I still have a couple of months before I must have my new heads and I sincerely hope I can give you guys my business, but if you're past track record is any indication, it does not look good for me owning a set of ET heads.

Please work on getting your t/a time down to a reasonable number so guys like myself, who have really supported these products from the start, can enjoy using your heads rather than just looking at pretty pictures and specs.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ddnspider
I see your intake always flow extremely well...but the exhaust side is lacking much.Especially with that high of an intake flow.Is there a reason for this?
They test w/o a pipe on the exhaust side. Adding a pipe raises the exhaust numbers about 20.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exhaust ports should be flown with a pipe in place that is curved similar to a header tube. It should be a common size which will be used on that port. Flow dynamics without the pipe in place don't mean much, port should be designed with the extension to the port in mind - or the header tube. Same on the intake side.

I for one dont like that the LS1 drops to 325CFM with the intake attached. But hey its better than nice head LS6 ported with a modified FAST 90 attached to it. So its damn good from factory. We can do better tho.

Someone will find a way o get 340-350CFM out of the LS7 system with the LS7 manifold, whether it is modifying the runner, or whathave you.

Quick Reply: ETP LS7 4" bore flow numbers