Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Alms?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alms?

I was considering attending an event sometime this year with my brother. I have never been and was wondering if anybody could recommend a good track to attend with good views,etc. I don't know if the C6R attends every race but that would be prefferable. Any additional info would be much appreciated!!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Corvette C6R's are at every race in the series. The Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta is a great track with many places to watch the action. It is 1000 miles or 10 hours which ever happens first. So you have plenty of time to move around and watch from different locations. Plus there is a Corvette corral there with hundreds of nice Corvettes parked in it. (Free parking) Sebring is the only other race that is an endurance event. (12 hours) The rest are 3 hours long.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vertigo
I was considering attending an event sometime this year with my brother. I have never been and was wondering if anybody could recommend a good track to attend with good views,etc. I don't know if the C6R attends every race but that would be prefferable. Any additional info would be much appreciated!!
24 houres de Le Mans
Old 01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Katech
24 houres de Le Mans
I would absolutely LOVE to but I think a trip to France is out of the question

Regarding the endurance races. Do they race all day then stop for the night or is it 24hrs straight??

Let me get this straight does Katech build and maintain the motors for the Corvette team or just do RD??? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would absolutely LOVE to but I think a trip to France is out of the question

Regarding the endurance races. Do they race all day then stop for the night or is it 24hrs straight??

Let me get this straight does Katech build and maintain the motors for the Corvette team or just do RD??? Thanks!

24 hours non-stop dude! Katech does all R&D, building and maintenance of the LS7.R.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I go to Road Atlanta every year it is really fan oriented and always has a good amount of people there, The other that I would recomend would be seabring. They release alot of new cars there and its the only place some manufactures race their cars such as bently
Old 01-23-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

24 houres de Le Mans

I assumed that the poster new about the 24 hrs at Le Mans..ie like is in the name of the series..
Old 01-23-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Katech does all R&D, building and maintenance of the LS7.R.

I just found my engine builder!

Do the folks at Katech attend each race to support the team? It would be cool to meet you guys!!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I just found my engine builder!

Do the folks at Katech attend each race to support the team? It would be cool to meet you guys!!
Cool, wait 'til you see our new engine packages!

Yes, Katech race program employees attend every race. If you go, I'll tell you where to go and who to ask for to get the inside hookup.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Cool, wait 'til you see our new engine packages!

Yes, Katech race program employees attend every race. If you go, I'll tell you where to go and who to ask for to get the inside hookup.

Dude your awesome! My bro is (fingers crossed) graduating college and this would be my gift to him! That would be retarded cool! I'm not 100% sure which event i will be attending but i will def let you know! Thanks
Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would love to meet u all as well.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I work for prototype technologies and we'll be racing BMW M3's in the ALMS this year (we ran in grand american last year). Atlanta or Sebring bring in the most spectators.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Teching In

wow!!! are you guys (katech) going to the Lone Star Grand Prix of Houston? that is, if there's at least one person from katech at each race. i plan to attend on may 12 so i can see the corvettes race and it would just be crazy if i could at least shake someones hand in admiration.

and VERTIGO . . . go man!! these races are killer on TV and i cant imagine how awesome they are in person.

sorry if i sound like a little girl drooling over a rock star . . BUT THATS WHAT I FEEL LIKE!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I work for prototype technologies and we'll be racing BMW M3's in the ALMS this year (we ran in grand american last year). Atlanta or Sebring bring in the most spectators.
Hio, I think i have seen you near the appleblossum mall a while back! I have a friend who goes to Shenendoah and I am up that way pretty often we should meet up! do you have 315's on the back?

I am looking hard at the race in Georgia sounds like its going to be a load of fun!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok, it looks like I will be at Mid-Ohio and possibly Sebring. Ron and Kevin (race team) are at every race.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hio, I think i have seen you near the appleblossum mall a while back! I have a friend who goes to Shenendoah and I am up that way pretty often we should meet up! do you have 315's on the back?

I am looking hard at the race in Georgia sounds like its going to be a load of fun!

If you go the the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta come on down vendors row and visit..I always have a couple of new Corvettes on display there during the race week..
Old 01-27-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes the C6R does run the entire season. The Aston Martins only show up for the Enduros.

I make both Sebring and Petit every year. Sebring is more of a party at night and usually has a slighlty better entry list. If you go to Florida on spring break spend Thurs night thru Sat. at the track. Then go to the beach for a day or 2.

Both are great events let me know if you make it.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

No I don't have 315's on the back but I have seen the car your talking about. Shoot me a pm sometime when your headed up this way.

Quick Reply: Alms?