Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

My car just died, no power or anything.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car just died, no power or anything.

I was driving my car, when I would floor it or giveit almost WOT it would kind of 'break up' and shake some. I started back home, when I gave it gas and it di the same thing, severe power lose, kind of rolling over but at the same time the interior/outside lights started going on and off and then the entire car shut down and some smoke came from under the hood. Now its dead, like no battery dead. No interior lights come on, nothign when i turn the key or anything. I tried to jump it off, and the battery cables started smokeing and got really hot. But still, DEAD!!!

Two days ago, I changed to a new intake and svo fuel injecters. My friend was the only one who drove the car and said it was acting funny under acceleration up top. It was throwing a code saying the crank sensor was bad. Today I replaced the crank sensor, took it out and it would break up higher int he rmps and eventually died.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Im thinking a MAJOR wire sparked or something with the alternator.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

you only need to post this in one forum...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like the battery, battery cable, or starter cooked. Did you check your battery and cables? The smoke must have smelled like wire insulation. My first guess would be starter. But, you may have had a bad plug cable that arced over to the ALT or BAT cables. Pull your starter and ALT to have them tested. Obviously, replace the cables that cooked. I may be way off, but that's where I would start.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found the problem I think, the battery cable leaned against the headers..... I catch hell keeping certain vacume and o2 sensor line off the header. But I dont know how the batterywire made its to the header. I must have changed its position when I renstalled the starter.

Quick Reply: My car just died, no power or anything.