Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Warhawk Answers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Collections Removal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BurnOut,

Thanks for the kind words. No need to explain your parts choice - the beauty is you can mix and match as time and budget permits. Uh, our current marketing strategy has not yet embraced TRADE as a sound business practice - but we appreciate ANY purchase of our stuff.

The project certainly has been intense and we're not at the end of the tunnel yet. We're busting a$$ to get there and we will see how events unfold over the next eight weeks. We want desperately to satisfy the anticipation you folks have shown since SEMA last year and ask your patience for a little longer. As stated before, the stuff won't disappoint.

We'll keep you informed.

Regards,
Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

I am waiting patiently for this beast of blocks! Thanks for doing what others should have done long ago.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Booooo.... J/K.

Glad to hear stuff is coming along well. I'm looking forward to seeing how these come out once they hit production. Should make for some great leaps in the GenIII/IV performance world for sure.

...now if I can just get you to send me one of those pre-production engines... I won't tell a soul...
Old 04-10-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can we get more information on these short blocks, or are these short blocks offered through an external company to World Products (The line between World & Bill Mitchell is kind of fuzzy). Will there be a Standard Deck Short Block offered? I am looking into the possibility of a Kenne Bell 2.6L twin screw on a Warhawk engine, and I'm not sure how well a tall deck would work (fitment in a TA and spacers).
Thanks
http://www.theengineshop.com/pdfs/warhawk.pdf
Old 04-11-2006, 06:41 AM
TECH Resident

LOL, a tall deck block with a 2.6L KB sitting on top will require a little more than slight notching of the cowl... you might have to notch the windshield too!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and i dont thinkthe KB could breath enough to fill it with the air it needs!

you would deff have to go twin turbo! hehehehe

so are the engine shop doing a 481ci block (!!!!!)? nice if they are!

Chris.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Collections Removal

CHUNT,

We have a 4.500" on hand and also have the CAD data for one on screen. Our block was designed wider internally than OEM, but we must examine all possible issues.
Takes time.
If 481 mocks-up well, we'll build it.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

The c.i. number for the pontiac guys, 455. boo-ya.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Can't wait. Do we have a "money burning a hole in your pocket" smiley? I was leaning toward going with a LS2 stroker but kept telling myself to hold off a little while.

I'm glad I did. Once I get this Engine built it will be time for some forced induction, traction limited fun !
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must have missed the specs for this block some were. Can you let us know what you expect the max bore will be, the max stroke, also what deck heigths are you planning on biulding (vrs factory deck height). Also, will this block be like the factory in minumal over boring? Will there be some kind of resleeving abilities? Will you offer cam height differences for supper long strokes?

I would like to know more about the planned final product.

Thanks, Scott.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the HP limit of these blocks/heads?

Could they handle 2500hp?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
I must have missed the specs for this block some were. Can you let us know what you expect the max bore will be, the max stroke, also what deck heigths are you planning on biulding (vrs factory deck height). Also, will this block be like the factory in minumal over boring? Will there be some kind of resleeving abilities? Will you offer cam height differences for supper long strokes?

I would like to know more about the planned final product.

Thanks, Scott.
Also, where will the knock sensors be located?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Collections Removal

JUGGER AND SPELL

We don't at this time know the limits of the castings. Like the beer and booze vendors say "Drink responsibly" - not - "Drink 'til ya drop"
I can tell you that Warhawk was designed by the two same guys that designed the aluminum Merlins we have in service that, for instance, see three or four seasons (without cracks or shifting) use in blown marine apps at the 2200 HP level. That's LAPS, not drag racing. No block filler either.
At some level, one can break anything by repeatedly increasing boost.
Be mindful of the fact that we build for a variety of uses. Drag, road race, marine, pulling and sand racers. All of which get hit with spray or boost (or both!) on a regular basis.
To be clear, I'm NOT saying the Warhawk will take 2200 - only that our guys know how to design and tool for those levels.
For you, Spell, the knock sensors locate on the block sides in the second-design OE LS1 location. We don't think harness extensions will be needed.
Hope this helps and thanks for asking.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

What about a hardware kit for this engine? I know the front and rear covers are special to the Warhawk block but what about all the hardware? It would be nice if ARP got on board with this project and came up with a "total engine hardware package" so we didn't have to use the OEM crap for the covers... Just a thought.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Collections Removal

Dune,
It's a good thought. However, ARP is on board at this time for the major fasteners. Mains and head stud kits (which are specific to our longer-reach design) are all ARP and are available from us. Not, at this time the F & R covers. I don't know if ARP has plans for a "total engine h'ware package". We haven't discussed that with them because we're not building complete engines at this time.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Merline Pro,

Can the block be bored to 4.1850 Inches? ? ?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Collections Removal

Pumba,
We've designed Warhawk to improve on some of the issues experienced by C5R. Balloning was one of those with .070" sleeves and a .170" thick block support structure around the sleeves. Our sleeves are .100" with .300" block structure.
So technically, yes you can bore our block .060", but that gets you back to a .070" thick sleeve. Will the sleeve fail? We don't think so, especially with the improved block support - but at this point, we prefer our conservative bore size.
We are exploring a 4.5" crank which, with 4.125" bore will yield 481". If you try the .060" over, and the 4.5" stroke works, you have a 495.
Good luck,
Old 05-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Default confusion

I am confused. I spoke to The Engine Shop Wed. about the Web site which shows several 481 shortblocks for sale. I was told it would now be the end of the year. The guy I talked to didn't know anything about the 481 on their site. I asked about a low comp. shortblock for FI & was told "none of our engines are intended for blowers".
Old 05-27-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Veteran

I went to the website and in the little header paragraph is said CR would be 11.4. Then down below that where they had the PNs, they all said "Low comp" so yeah I'm confused too.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

Smile web site

When I asked about the low-comp. option listed & was told their low comp was 10.6. I said thats awful high for a blower & thats when the guy on the phone said"none of our engines are made for supercharger use". Almost forgot to ask,will the Warhawk fit a C-5 without anything(like the extra head-bolts) hitting? Will the 9.8 deck block fit?

Last edited by msb184; 05-28-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Warhawk Answers