Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Warhawk Answers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Collections Removal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhawk Answers

Gentlemen,

I've created this new thread to speak to the participants of the " Warhawk Block?" and "Warhawk LS 7X" threads.

Due to a contractual commitment, the "job run" prior to the Warhawk project has experienced a delay due to design and tooling issues beyond the control of World Products. This project is a "Brand X" venture for which World was contracted to re-develop Brand X's design for severe usage. Please, no boo-ing, but World must occaisionally work outside the realm of Chevrolet architecture. In no way does this prior commitment or its issues relate to the Warhawk other than causing Warhawk's delay.

World's contracted customer for Brand X has changed several design parameters which in turn caused tooling changes. The final machining on that project is reaching completion as I write. Machining on several Warhawk prototypes has taken place on a "one-off" basis. (Not yet a production run.) Inspection and approval for production is near. Sleeves, main caps, fasteners, valves, seals, springs and retainers are all in place,

"WorldTech" and "Warhawk1", are the creators of this complex project. They monitor the sentiment here as I do. We are tremendously appreciative of all of your support and enthusiam as well as those of you that are voting for this line of products with your dollars. We have no desire to deceive the very core of our customer base.

TWO THINGS WE WOULD NEVER DO IS OFFEND OUR LOYAL FRIENDS OR ENCOURAGE OUR SKEPTICS.

Both men have worked seven-day weeks since the PRI show, not only to birth Warhawk but also to hasten the Brand X project to conclusion, a necessary evil. Remember that Warhawk 1 also designed the casting tooling simultaneously with the blocks and heads - an enormous project.

WorldTech has instructed myself and our sales dept. (for those of you who have called) that eight weeks from now, at the end of May, blocks and heads will ship. We will post all updates and information as events unfold.

To clear up a possible misconception; there are no "back door" deals - no "favored customer" shipments ahead of anyone. Shipments will be filled in the order they've been received.

World promises that the final products will be everything you guys wished for. It just won't go out 'till it's right.

To our supporters we say; sorry to delay your projects and your customers projects but it WILL be worth the wait. To our detractors we say;your sentiments are NEVER ignored but our work will not fail to impress you, if you give us a chance to prove it.

On behalf of World Products, I thank you all for the chance to address these concerns.

Regards,
Old 03-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Teching In

cant wait to see the final product
Old 03-31-2006, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very professional response MerlinPro. I think that is all people wanted to hear, an honest explanation of the delay. My hats off to you guys
Old 03-31-2006, 08:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Katech is patiently waiting
Old 03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks MP, we're all very excited about the work you guys are doing... thanks again for the update.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MerlinPro
Gentlemen,

I've created this new thread to speak to the participants of the " Warhawk Block?" and "Warhawk LS 7X" threads.

Due to a contractual commitment, the "job run" prior to the Warhawk project has experienced a delay due to design and tooling issues beyond the control of World Products. This project is a "Brand X" venture for which World was contracted to re-develop Brand X's design for severe usage. Please, no boo-ing, but World must occaisionally work outside the realm of Chevrolet architecture. In no way does this prior commitment or its issues relate to the Warhawk other than causing Warhawk's delay.

World's contracted customer for Brand X has changed several design parameters which in turn caused tooling changes. The final machining on that project is reaching completion as I write. Machining on several Warhawk prototypes has taken place on a "one-off" basis. (Not yet a production run.) Inspection and approval for production is near. Sleeves, main caps, fasteners, valves, seals, springs and retainers are all in place,

"WorldTech" and "Warhawk1", are the creators of this complex project. They monitor the sentiment here as I do. We are tremendously appreciative of all of your support and enthusiam as well as those of you that are voting for this line of products with your dollars. We have no desire to deceive the very core of our customer base.

TWO THINGS WE WOULD NEVER DO IS OFFEND OUR LOYAL FRIENDS OR ENCOURAGE OUR SKEPTICS.

Both men have worked seven-day weeks since the PRI show, not only to birth Warhawk but also to hasten the Brand X project to conclusion, a necessary evil. Remember that Warhawk 1 also designed the casting tooling simultaneously with the blocks and heads - an enormous project.

WorldTech has instructed myself and our sales dept. (for those of you who have called) that eight weeks from now, at the end of May, blocks and heads will ship. We will post all updates and information as events unfold.

To clear up a possible misconception; there are no "back door" deals - no "favored customer" shipments ahead of anyone. Shipments will be filled in the order they've been received.

World promises that the final products will be everything you guys wished for. It just won't go out 'till it's right.

To our supporters we say; sorry to delay your projects and your customers projects but it WILL be worth the wait. To our detractors we say;your sentiments are NEVER ignored but our work will not fail to impress you, if you give us a chance to prove it.

On behalf of World Products, I thank you all for the chance to address these concerns.

Regards,

Old 04-01-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

theres women at this site too
Old 04-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the update.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Collections Removal

brrynda!
MY APOLOGIES!
You can beat me with a F*** Windsor block!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

What kind of quantities of the blocks and heads will be made on the first production run. Thanks
Old 04-01-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MerlinPro
Gentlemen,

Regards,
i know this is kind of off topic
but will the warhawk be available in a cast iron version?
i would assume a cast iron version would include all of the benefits and features of the aluminum casting, but i would assume the significant
reduction in price as opposed to an aluminum casting with sleeves
price wise comparatively speaking
thank you
Old 04-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Collections Removal

427 LS1,

I believe the first run is 100 to 125 blocks. I don't know the head quantities yet but demand will dictate after the initial batches.

NemeSS

No iron versions are planned at this time that I know of as that would entail different tooling. Both materials pour differently. Besides, equal strength at nearly half the weight is a major design parameter.
You could paint the block Chevy Orange to sandbag your buddies a little...
Regards,
Old 04-02-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better Late than Never. Lookin forward to seeing some builds (as we all are)
Old 04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can some body tell me how to get one. I have sent 2 different messages to them about this block with money in hand and no one will ever replie.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
can some body tell me how to get one. I have sent 2 different messages to them about this block with money in hand and no one will ever replie.

I'm not sure if World Products sells directly to the public. You can call and order directly from us. We are a WP dealer. We have a few on order and we will begin taking orders as soon as they come in.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

will be buying one come winter for my TA ill be looking in ka-techs direction if the prices are right for me.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
Call Eric at Hardcore racing, they are a sponsor ---------------->
Old 04-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Howdy!

Dang, I keep thinking I need to get of the following custom tags:

454 Z06

BIG BLOK

And of course the appropriate product to go along with it I've been on a FI kick, but the simplicity of a big displacement motor (especially for my occasional DE type event) is hard to resist. FI is pretty sexy looking, but a WP setup with a set of custom Katech valve covers, some coil relocation, yow!

Keeping a close eye on this development!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DTZ06
I've been on a FI kick, but the simplicity of a big displacement motor (especially for my occasional DE type event) is hard to resist. FI is pretty sexy looking, but a WP setup with a set of custom Katech valve covers, some coil relocation, yow!
Do both!!! Overkill is a good thing.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Merlin- kudos to you at the rest of the folks at WP for taking on this project in the first place.

Super kudos to you for your willingness to give customers a realistic timeline (and the reasons behind that timeline) for product delivery... I'm not in the market for the block right now (I have a C5R block'd 427 sitting in a crate), but I will certainly be in the market for the heads once they hit the street.

BTW- yes, I understand that the Warhawk block may be stronger than the C5R piece, but it's what I have, and it'll hold for what I am looking to do (for now... )... unless, of course, I can find someone to TRADE me a new Warhawk block for it...

Quick Reply: Warhawk Answers