Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Katech "Street Attack LS7" 640hp 555 lb-ft + dyno video screaming 7140rpm

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN
I bet no vendor here would take on Katech in a twenty-four hour test.
Thank you for your vote. This may be a good time to mention that we ran our sleeved LS2 case and Katech pistons in a 24 hour WOT sawtooth test. The engine dyno varies the load to a range of RPM increments (2200-6000rpm, 2 minute idle every 30 minutes then back to WOT).
Old 04-19-2006, 10:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

For the record, we are not bashing LG. We have a lot of respect for Lou, his racing accomplishments and the products he sells. This thread has had several strong supporters of both companies debating eachother. While we are happy that we have strong supporters, we also feel that we are all in this together against the Ford GTs, Vipers, etc... This thread was not intended to bash anybody, rather to make more information about our products available.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN
FAST LS1.

I bet no vendor here would take on Katech in a twenty-four hour test.
I bet I know of one
Old 04-20-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Buyamerican, look what you've started.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:19 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info on the pistons. That is certainly interesting to know.

I had forgotten to mention that Lou noted the Exedy dual disc that replaced the stock Z06 clutch. So, you are taking about 20lbs or so out of the rotating assembly.

In our car, a lighter clutch was worth as much as 5-10 RWHP.

For the record, IMHO there is absolutley nothing wrong with Lou's dyno numbers. I can see where he got his numbers, and I believe if anyone who posts on this had been there you'd probably have seen the same numbers Lou saw.

You have to understand that there are lots of ways to optimize a package. Let me just go off tangent here. Look at Tony Mamo's car. He made 480 RWHP with AFR 205's and a "baby" 224/228 cam. Why is this? Well, he spent way more time than most dialing that package in.

Is there something wrong if Lou takes a package and uses knowledge he's gained to pick up "free" HP. No, that racing. You look for "the low hanging fruit"

I don't know if its the same on the C6 Z06 as it is on the C5 Z06, but on our car at over 6500 RPM the PS pump cavitates and the HP loss is pretty dramatic. Pull the belt off, and you pick up 13 RWHP.

Anyway, there is plenty of free HP out there, you may not like the fact that Lou has exploited that to make a package with big power. But hey, it is what it is...

Anyway, I and everyone else has derailed this Katech thread enough with this topic. So, I suggest we all get back to the topic at hand which is Katech. If folks keep taking this thread off in the weeds, I'm going to edit all non-Katech info out of it.

Anyway guys. I'm really thrilled with where Katech has taken some of this. While you can't share cam specs for obvious reasons, can you give us an idea of what size cam we're talking about?

Whats next?

I know you did some dyno testing of the 1 3/4 headers. Have you done any testing of 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 on stock and modified motors yet?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jrod, as usual, very good accurate presentation of information and I agree all good racing.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Thanks for the info on the pistons. That is certainly interesting to know.

I had forgotten to mention that Lou noted the Exedy dual disc that replaced the stock Z06 clutch. So, you are taking about 20lbs or so out of the rotating assembly.

In our car, a lighter clutch was worth as much as 5-10 RWHP.

For the record, IMHO there is absolutley nothing wrong with Lou's dyno numbers. I can see where he got his numbers, and I believe if anyone who posts on this had been there you'd probably have seen the same numbers Lou saw.

You have to understand that there are lots of ways to optimize a package. Let me just go off tangent here. Look at Tony Mamo's car. He made 480 RWHP with AFR 205's and a "baby" 224/228 cam. Why is this? Well, he spent way more time than most dialing that package in.

Is there something wrong if Lou takes a package and uses knowledge he's gained to pick up "free" HP. No, that racing. You look for "the low hanging fruit"

I don't know if its the same on the C6 Z06 as it is on the C5 Z06, but on our car at over 6500 RPM the PS pump cavitates and the HP loss is pretty dramatic. Pull the belt off, and you pick up 13 RWHP.

Anyway, there is plenty of free HP out there, you may not like the fact that Lou has exploited that to make a package with big power. But hey, it is what it is...

Anyway, I and everyone else has derailed this Katech thread enough with this topic. So, I suggest we all get back to the topic at hand which is Katech. If folks keep taking this thread off in the weeds, I'm going to edit all non-Katech info out of it.

Anyway guys. I'm really thrilled with where Katech has taken some of this. While you can't share cam specs for obvious reasons, can you give us an idea of what size cam we're talking about?

Whats next?

I know you did some dyno testing of the 1 3/4 headers. Have you done any testing of 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 on stock and modified motors yet?

I can say this cam was pretty aggressive for a street car.

The only testing we have done on the stepped headers were our dyno headers in the LS7 header comparison. I'm not trying to promote our headers, they're just dyno mule parts. I just wanted to throw as much data out there as possible.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason,

Are you guys / have you guys been playing around with the 4BECU with your tuning ??

I havent talked to Caleb since SEMA and we had some questions (which we discussed) concerning which ECU was going to be shipped with a 7.0L package and it's compatibility with the data acquisition that we are running....

PM me if you have the 'know'.

Quick Reply: Katech "Street Attack LS7" 640hp 555 lb-ft + dyno video screaming 7140rpm