Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Anyone get an engine from FFHP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get an engine from FFHP?

I ordered an LS2 402 long block a couple months ago from them, and there's always a reason why it's delayed, again and again. It's about a month and a half late at this point. They hardly answer their phone, and rarely return calls. I'm wondering at what point I need to take a trip to kentucky, to track down whether they actually exist, or whether they took my money and ran.

- Miles
Old 05-05-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine is supposedly on the delivery truck on its way to my house. should have it within an hour or two. Will post up when it comes.

Several have posted about the delays, I ordered mine on 2/07/2006 and its just now getting here......
Old 05-05-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

A friend of mine just ordered a short block from them. He had the same issues as you did as far as not answering the phones and pushing back delivery times. It looks like he is going to get it today after persistant calling. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

This is Scott Waldron
For the 4 years we have been in operation I have never been a full time employee of FFHP, I made my living some place else and helped at FFHP as much as possible(not a lot at times). Brad answers phones, runs errands and various other day to day stuff. so yes we get behind alot. The turbo kit project is also a large time consumer and is almost ready to market, so a lot is happening here.

As of April 28th I am leaving my current full time job and going to FFHP full time I would have done this sooner but we had to make sure the business could handle my income needs and I wanted to save up a cash reserve to work with if needed.

Me being at the shop full time will allow us to produce faster and ship sooner on our products, I can keep folks updated and it will be easier to reach us by phone.

I understand everyones frustration and would like to ask just hang in there a bit longer, we are working hard to get caught up and should be shipping like 4 engines by the end of the week.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Miles in Florida
I ordered an LS2 402 long block a couple months ago from them, and there's always a reason why it's delayed, again and again. It's about a month and a half late at this point. They hardly answer their phone, and rarely return calls. I'm wondering at what point I need to take a trip to kentucky, to track down whether they actually exist, or whether they took my money and ran.

- Miles
nobody took your money and ran, your engine will ship by tuesday of next week. 3 engines have shipped this week, one will ship today and 3-4 will ship next week.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

My Engine did show up as Fed Ex had promised....

However Brad / Scott we have some issues that need to be worked out. Please respond to the emails sent.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

My engine showed up! I am very excited, and can't wait to put it in the car.

Scott,

I hope it didn't sound like I was trying to give you bad press. I was just really frustrated with not hearing from anyone at FFHP, and didn't know what else to do, besides calling and leaving all the messages.

Thanks,
Miles

PS: I didn't see any kind of build sheet in the crate, which I completely understand based on how busy you've been. When you get a chance. please mail (or email) the parts list. Especially the cam card, and the flow sheet from Patriot would be great too, if you've still got it.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Miles in Florida
My engine showed up! I am very excited, and can't wait to put it in the car.

Scott,

I hope it didn't sound like I was trying to give you bad press. I was just really frustrated with not hearing from anyone at FFHP, and didn't know what else to do, besides calling and leaving all the messages.

Thanks,
Miles

PS: I didn't see any kind of build sheet in the crate, which I completely understand based on how busy you've been. When you get a chance. please mail (or email) the parts list. Especially the cam card, and the flow sheet from Patriot would be great too, if you've still got it.
Miles,
I completely understand, we were seriously backed up and have finally gotten somewhat caught-up. We owe you and others an apology for taking so long. I am working on build sheets so we can get them out to folks we owe them to, I will also get you your cam card, and head flow sheets.
Scott Waldron